Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

Carol Crawfo…, Other/Just Looking in Casa Linda/ Casa View,...

How difficult is it to sell a 2 bedroom, 1 bath house built in 1947?

Asked by Carol Crawford, Casa Linda/ Casa View, Dallas, TX Sat Aug 11, 2012

I am thinking about upgrading to a larger home. I currently own a 2 bedroom, 1 bath in the Parkdale area of Dallas. I am in the process of getting it leveled and painted. I plan to pay cash for the next house since getting a loan for me may be difficult. I am self-employed. I am concerned about getting the 2 bedroom sold in this market. Maybe I should just stay where I'm at.

Dallas Texas’ answer
Many factors come into play when selling any home. Happy to speak with you determine what are the best options for you move forward

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer

Follow me on Facebook

Certainly study the pros and cons carefully. Your current home will sell, it just needs to be the most competitive home in your market. That normally translates as "best priced" assuming it is in great condition and properly positioned in the market.

If your home is paid for and you want to use the proceeds on the next home, you'll want to carefully consider all the expenses to get your current home in salable shape, Then whatever you net after sale costs, taxes and whatever you have saved for another house will give you a good idea if it is prudent to move. Prices are at their best and with mortgage rates very low, it would be great if you can. As a self-employed indiviual you definitely want to balance it all with you particular needs and security level in your industry.

Greg Foster
Hi carol,

I wouldn't say it would be difficult bc this is very common in the casa Linda area. I had work with buyer looking for older home with charm in the area.

The only concern would not be the age of home but the fact is it has only one bathroom. But you can focus on the charm and character of the home when you sell.

I would be more Than happy to help if you need help. Summer time is the best time to sell so don't wait any longer. You only have a month more!

JP and associate
You can sell it if you price it right and its condition is move-in ready. This is the market to buy, not to sell. If you are able, hang on to it as a rental and get another one to live in.
I know this area and am a life long native of the area, and would love to discuss this with you further. You can reach me below. I also have investor friends that might be interested.

Liz Renfro, Realtor
William Davis Realty
It depends on where it's located how much your asking and the condition of the home. I would like to know more about it. Right now I have a client a few clients that can make offers on you house right away. In addition I can give you an idea of how much your home is worth.

What's your time frame for selling? We can close in about 2-3 weeks if the numbers work for my client. I can also find you an outstanding deal on another home.

If you are serious about selling this house and want a honest opinion on it you can call me.

Chris Hutchinson
Chris Hutchinson Real Estate
The Michael Group
It just depends on condition and price.
You live in a great area where this type of home is common.
You can see some other houses for sale in your area at this link:

If you do decide to move I sure would like to take a look at your house and we can work through the process of what you want to do, for example if you want to get a loan, etc.

If you move, where would you move, why do you want to move. That's some of the questions we'd work through.

Bruce Lynn
Thank you Bruce
Flag Sat Aug 11, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
You may want to consult any Realtor of your choice about your new location. It may not be worth moving due to price.