How difficult is it to break into the Real Estate business in LA and surrounding cities? I know the area because I visit often and live nearby.

Asked by Elizabeth Powell, Medford, OR Fri Sep 13, 2013

Answers

7
Kim Benedict, Agent, Overland Park, KS
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Its the same as any place that you would sell real estate, takes time, dedication, never give up, keep going, marketing yourself along with properties, and getting the leads. I think its also very important what office and Broker you pick to work with as they are your support team and the ones that help get you where you want to be selling in your market areas.

I lived in the OC for 23 years and used a lot of agents that had no skill set, and others had a great deal of skills and knew what they were doing in a short time of selling.

I have found selling real estate in a short time in Connecticut that a great broker is worth their weight in gold when they support your career and help you as much as they can as long as you are willing to go the extra miles and do the work. Its all up to you at the end of the day, what you put into it is what you get out of it = )

Kim
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Mon Sep 16, 2013
is like anything else. You study, you learn and you work hard, you can be successful. There is no "easy route"
Kim Benedict, Agent, Overland Park, KS
Mon Sep 16, 2013
I want to say thank you for your vote for best answer! Good luck and keep ,marketing as real estate never sleeps! = )
Elizabeth Po…, Agent, Medford, OR
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Great advice, thank you all!
And keep it coming!
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Sun Sep 15, 2013
It's competitive, but definitely doable if you make yourself a set schedule, most new agents lack this.
I would recommend checking out Coldwell Banker, they have mentors that will help you and even hold your hand through your first couple of deals.

Heather Paul
Carmen Hill, , Los Angeles, CA
Sat Sep 14, 2013
Cerrtos College offers a work experience program in their Real Estate Department. You can intern at a real estate company and earn academic credit for your license.

Carmen Hill, Adjunct Faculty, Cerritos College
chill@cerritos.ed.
David Beaubi…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Not too difficult. Lot of work developing contacts and clients!