How common are rent to own listings? How would I find them?

Asked by Adangeloattard, 48451 Tue May 17, 2011

We are interested in finding a rent to own home by Spring of 2012 in Oakland or Livingston County.

Answers

2
Mike Stawizky, , 48382
Tue May 17, 2011
Hello Adangeloattard,
I'm a Realtor in Commerce Twp. covering the areas that you mentioned. Lease to own or rent to own are not real common currently because of all the short sales and foreclosures taking the majority of the interest of buyers. There are exceptions though and timing is important. I would suggest reviewing your credit score to prepare yourself for qualifying to purchase a home in anyway you can. Why are you looking for rent to own? It is because of a lack of a downpayment? I'm just curious, there are other ways to purchase a home with minimal closing fees for owner occupants. Contact me if you would like to discuss some of these options, I understand your not ready yet but any informaiton you can gather now will help you make an educated decision when the time does come. I'm here to help, Have a Great Day!

Mike Stawizky
Commerce Market Center
(248) 980-4406
Web Reference:  http://moveinnow.org
Karen Paytas, Agent, Clinton Twp, MI
Tue May 17, 2011
Adangeloatta:

Good Afternoon!! Rent to own properties come and go. Our market is changing daily. There really isn't any way to predict what will be available on the market a year from now. You need to work with a buyers agent who can assist you in finding a home that meets your needs and show you what's available and determine your exact move in time frame.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com