Jennifer, Home Buyer in Alvin, TX

How can you find who owns the mineral rights to your property?

Asked by Jennifer, Alvin, TX Tue Mar 25, 2008

Answers

7
Martha4425, Home Buyer, Alvin, TX
Wed May 29, 2013
I have a property in Randlett. Utah. how can I buy the mineral rights?
I live in Randlett Utah and would like to know how I can get ahold of you. Thanks
Flag Wed Mar 11, 2015
Scott Butcher, , Austin, TX
Tue Dec 28, 2010
Pull a full Title Abstract from your local Title Insurance Company (use the firm that issued your Owner's Title policy when you bought the house). That will show you all the legal documents including when (and if) the minerals were stripped from your property.

I'm not sure if they would charge you or not, but they might.

Hope this helps.
Robert Werly, Home Buyer, Cedar City, UT
Sun Dec 26, 2010
I HAVE A GOLD MINE IN NELSON NV. CALLED THE TECHATTICUP MINE I NEED THE MINERAL RIGHTS TO THIS MINE.
Sun Dec 26, 2010
CAN I FIND THE MINERAL RIGHTS OF THE TECHATTICUP MINE IN NELSON NV.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Mar 25, 2008
County office that records deed will be able to provide this info. for you.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Kathy Fisher, Agent, Decatur, TX
Tue Mar 25, 2008
Go to either your County Tax Appraisal Office OR the County Records Office where are the deeds to the properties in that county are kept. It will take a little investigating, but you can most anything out about your property all the way back to the undeveloped raw land. As Janine stated, the developer POSSIBLY has the minerals, but more probably not. Now that I live in North Texas, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BARNET SHALE ACTIVITY, I have found that the ORIGINAL land owner keeps these rights just because.
Janine Love, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Tue Mar 25, 2008
The deed to your property should tell you. If you are in a deed restricted subdivision, mineral rights don't usually transfer over to you, the developer normally keeps the rights if he obtained them when purchasing the land.