How can the taxes on 712 Brattleboro Rd, Bernardston Ma be only $2000 when the house is for sale for $699,000?

Asked by Cindyschimel, Bernardston, MA Sun Nov 11, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3093452169-712-Brattleboro-Rd…

Answers

3
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Mon Nov 12, 2012
In the mls listing it states that the taxes will change. it was built in 2007

Based on current tax rate of 16.08 if the town is at 100% assessement and you buy the home for 699,000 the taxes could be 11,239.90

I would check with the local assessor to get a better understanding of what you may expect.
Thank you, Mr. Wolfson. I live in this town, my taxes are 2 1/2 times what is stated for the listed house, and my house is worth maybe half as much!! Is it possible that for 5 years the taxes paid were only $2000?
Flag Wed Nov 14, 2012
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Sun May 26, 2013
Maybe the town's assessor lives there?

I would consult a local professional to save time and money and also to make sure you don't miss a great rental.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Thu Nov 15, 2012
that might be just for the land or existing structure prior to construction.