How can a non US person obtain a home mortgage?

Asked by sphenderson1, Lake Worth, FL Tue Mar 19, 2013

My husband and I are looking to purchase a house in Florida. We have a decent down payment amount saved. We are not US residents and would like to get to get a mortgage in Florida with a competitive fixed interest rate. We also want to make it easier for paying taxes on the property. Any suggestions on reputable companies.

Answers

7
Abraham Bidh…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Hi There:

I have a lender who specializes in foreign national loans. Their required down payment is 35% and their interest rates is around 6%. They have already closed loans for several of our international clients.

Please feel free to email me so I can send their info to you.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 25 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
sphenderson1, Home Buyer, Lake Worth, FL
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Thank you for the responses. Yes i think 7% is a huge rip off. I am investigating as much as possible. Especially as far as the high interest rates and high deposit amounts. It's very surprising.
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Wed Mar 20, 2013
If you read between the lines of some of the other answers, the answer is what Alan started with. It's tough for non-Canadians to get a competitive interest rate. There are plenty of lenders out there who will be more than happy to rip you off for 7%. Finding ones who will do 4% is the real challenge. If someone has one, I love to hear about it, too.
Freddy G Alv…, , Orlando, FL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Yes it can be done, will need a more larger down payment (35-40%), it has to deppend on your income as well, also interest rate will be higher
Call me at (407) 4554711, I work with a few lenders that can help you get the must fit loan for you, good luck.
Anabella Ter…, Agent, Lake Mary, FL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Please contac George Schaefli from Fidelity Funding (407) 620-4411 he will be able to belp you and answer any questions that you might ha e .

Getting a loan snould not be a problem.

Anabella Tercero
Z house realty Group
CDPE REOS REALTOR
(407) 797-5139
Thanks. Do you know what the lending reqs are and interest rates. I keep seeing higher down payment amounts as well.
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013
Marion Thack…, Agent, Winter Park, FL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hello

Yes you can obtain a loan. You will need a 35% down payment and will have a higher interest rate but it can be done. Please contact me for a list of lenders that can do these types of loans. I work for an international brokerage and we work with foreign national buyers all the time.

Marion Thacker
Engel&Voelkers
321-662-7550
marionthacker@yahoo.com
Alan Martin, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
this quetion is being asked here 2 or 3 times a week. The answer is it is tough and sometimes depends on where you come from

Please e mail me alan@frontlinefloridarealty.com http://www.frontlinefloridarealty.com

I have several foreign national lenders that can help but I need more info to help you further

thansk

Alan 407 832 4888