Home Buying in Scottsdale>Question Details

Masha Vladi, Home Buyer in New York, NY

How can RE agent or broker have 30-50 recommendations and 0 homes sold?

Asked by Masha Vladi, New York, NY Sun Oct 13, 2013

Answers

19
They have a lot of friends
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Answers below are correct - you have to manually enter sold transactions - both buyers and sellers. Trulia is working on a widget that will allow you to upload all of the at once. Should be out shortly.
.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
I can think of at least 3 scenarios:

1 - the agent didn't list his homes on Trulia.

2 - he is a buyer's agent. I don't think buyer's agents show up linked to a property they helped sell.

3 - he may work in a team and the homes are listed under the team leader's name.

In all three scenarios above, the agent could get recommendations from clients and 0 homes sold.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Agents have to manually input the homes that they have sold onto their Trulia account. It sounds like this agent has focused on getting recommendations, but not putting up his or her "solds."
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Masha,
Agents have to manually enter homes they've sold, it isn't automatically pulled from records.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Trulia is not able to grab the buyers agent info and the listings are not all posted so discuss with your agent and ask them to give you their record of homes sold.
Cheers
Laura Myers
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Where do you see the number of homes sold??
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
The sold homes on Trulia don't automatically populate. Agents have to enter them in manually so maybe this person didn't enter in their sales.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 8, 2014
Annette said it the best and i totally agree!!!
Agents have to manually enter the listings that they have sold. And, agents also have to request reviews from their past customers. Not all agents have the time to enter their listings and many more still don't know that they have to do it. Best of luck to you in your search.
Very easily.
I have no idea, nor do I care. how many homes Trulia may say I have sold. Anyone placing ANY faith in what appears on aggregate real estate websites are not paying much attention anyway.
-
Wavgroup report revealed 37% of data on Trulia is wrong.
Also reported is 31% of homes listed for sale are not for sale.
Also reported is homes appearing for sale can be 7 days late.
Of course every knows craziness associated with the value estimates.
And the REALTYTRAC $1,000 foreclosures for sale.
-
All you need to do is peruse the Q&A and read citizens postings. They typically end with various ways of expressing.."My time has been completely wasted!"
-
What you may not know is agents DO NOT CONSENT to have their IP published on Trulia or the hundreds of other, similar aggregate websites. It is all derived from a false belief there is value to the buyer or seller to be on the sites.There is NO WAY an agent can even atttempt to keep them accurate. Trulia, for instance, DOES NOT receive data from the MLS where REALTORs enter the data. Trulia receives from Listinghub. ListingHub and Trulia change, replace, supress, substitute, delete, modify and misrepresent data as it suites their business purpose. Folks looking for actionalable real estate direction who rely on these websites are truly lifing in a fantacyland. These sites are good for entertainment purposes only.
-
Expecting anything actionable or reliable from Trulia, Zillow or the host of other aggregate websites is like expecting actionable relationship advise from the Big Bang Theory.
-
If you are serious about buying or selling, you should not be relying on entertianment websites.
Amen!
Flag Mon Nov 4, 2013
The agent probablly didnt add the sold properties to the profile, however you can contact directly the everyone that had recomanded the agent, and ask them specific questions about the agent's services.

Real Estate Professional / Prestige Realty
Bianca Bennett / 602-570-7898
Bianca@InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Website: http://www.InvestInArizonaHomes.com
It takes more time to in put the listings sold than to get a client to write a recommendation so many realtors don't take the extra time to do the work. Also not all recommendation are clients so family and friends may write a recommendation and have no sale connected to it.
Perhaps the made it up.. but sold listings are new.. I have sold 100's of homes yet nothing shows on my profile yet.
Yes, you do have to enter it manually just like you have to take your sold properties off manually. I saw a RE Agent on this web site that showed he had 215 active listings. This was incorrect information. In reality, he had four. The 215 "active " listings were sold by people in his branch office for years but he never took them off. If you have questions for a Realtor your curious about, just call them...... I promise, we don't bite!

Terry Caskey
Sonoran Premier Properties
480-213-3676
http://www.terrycaskey.com
The agent has not added all their home sales in on Trulia. These have to be manually entered into Trulia.
Perhaps they work with buyers only???
Ask the agents you are interested in to produce proof of production. They can do this by printing out the listings that they helped the buyer or seller on. Their names will appear at the bottom. I would love to help you and am in my 13th year of full-time real estate here in Scottsdale.

Make sure that the agent you do work with is someone you feel comfortable with and trust. You will spend a lot of time with them on the journey to homeownership.

Best wishes!!

Howard Rudin
WEST USA REALTY
TOP 1% in Sales West USA
Top 2% in Sales Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service
602-390-8088
Hi Masha,
All of the responses you've received are correct. I'm mainly a buyer's agent & so I could have many recommedations from satisfied buyer's, but Trulia wouldn't show that I have any houses sold. Are you thinking of buying out here in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area?
I'm originally from Brooklyn & would love to work with a fellow New Yorker.
You can look for homes on my website - http://www.scottsdalerentalpropertiesaz.com (has the whole MLS, so you can see homes for sale & also homes for rent) or email me directly ay mskhouses@aol.com
Hope to hear from you.