How can I tranfer property from my blood relative like Brother?

Asked by Avinash, Boston Harbor, WA Wed Oct 17, 2012

We are two brothers and have 2 acre farm land.One acre on my name and anot her on my brother on 7/12 property paper adjucent to each other. I would like to give thsi 1 acre to me as he has additional land/property on his name in another area . How this tranfer can be done legally with less cost as I am not buying it from him.I am getting it because he has overall more land on this name.

Answers

4
Greer Swiston, Agent, Newton, MA
Tue Jul 23, 2013
The specific laws do differ a bit from state to state. I don't know if Washington state has them, but in Massachusetts, we have real estate attorneys who will work for a fixed fee. Also, when your brother "signs over" the property, there does need to be monetary consideration in order for the transaction to be binding ... a dollar is acceptable consideration.

Thanks nice post.
Flag Wed Sep 18, 2013
Janine Elkho…, Agent, Woburn, MA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hi Avinash

You can deed it to your brother but I recommend you hire an attorney to do it. It would be the best way.
Attorneys can register it online and get it all done easily

Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Kevin Vitali, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Fri Nov 16, 2012
He just needs to deed the property over to you. There needs to be consideration, which we see $1.00 given as consideration.

You can certainly prepare a deed yourself but I would highly suggest having a lawyer do the work so it is done properly. It can probably be done for as little as a few hundred dollars.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Oct 18, 2012
It's really in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate....