How can I research whether a property has any tax liens or other liens on it? Does Alexandria, VA post this?

Asked by Amarachi, Alexandria, VA Fri Jan 2, 2009

information online?

Answers

3
AJ Heidmann, Agent, Arlington, VA
Fri Jan 2, 2009
Amarchi - The best way to find out if a property has a lien filed against it is to go to the courthouse at 510 King Street and then to the property records division on the 3rd floor. You can log into the computer there and conduct a search of all the recorded liens. The property tax records for Alexandria that are available online will not include this information.

Best of luck!
Amarachi, Home Buyer, Alexandria, VA
Sat Jan 3, 2009
Thanks to both of you! I did go to the court and found exactly what I was looking for.
Delaine Camp…, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Sat Jan 3, 2009
AJ and Jodee are right on with their answer. Although you can review tax records online, it will not have the information that you are looking for. If you go to review, park in the garage under City Hall. It's owned by the City so the parking fees are cheap. Or park on the street and use the meters,but bring quarters - 4 = $1.00 and 1 hour of parking. That should be enough for you.

Delaine Campbell, MBA, REALTOR
Certified Residential Specialist
Long and Foster Historic Old Town
400 King Street
(703) 518-8740
delaine@lnf.com