How can I investigate average utility costs for the last year for a home in South Orange?

Asked by lizsteph, Montclair, NJ Fri Mar 15, 2013

Answers

5
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Contact the utility companies direct orsimply ask for a copy of the bills from the listing agent
Andrew Tisel…, Agent, clifton, NJ
Sat Mar 16, 2013
yep best advice contact PSE+G
Carol Eisens…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Mar 15, 2013

As Maria said, you can call the utility company. They will ask you a series of questions, about your family size, if any one is planning to be home during the day, what appliances you will planning to use on a daily basic, etc. and they will then calculate the average costs for your family. I have found this to be very helpful for my clients.

Good Luck.
Maria Morris…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Good Morning
Yes your usage will not be the same as the current homeowner however you can call the utility companies directly for this information. You will need to provide the address of the property. With utility deregulation in effect PSEG is not the only provider in the area for gas and electric service they still do the billing for nearly all of the available providers. 800-436-PSEG (7734)
Best Regards
Maria
Jennifer Bla…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Good morning! Your best bet is to ask your agent to get that information from the current owner. Keep in mind that utility costs vary based on usage. How many people currently live in the house and how different is your lifestyle.