How can I go about having a incorrect child support back pay reporting remmoved from my credit report?

Asked by reggaejam36, Upper Marlboro, MD Thu Jan 9, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ella Blaine, Agent, Mechanicsville, MD
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Hello there!

Everyone has given you good advice. definitely listen to what the lender Brent Mendelson, Mortgage Broker has stated.

It also may be difficult getting the "Government" to admit they made a mistake. File a dispute with the reporting agencies. They are supposed to investigate; however we are talking about dealing with the government.

Here's the link to begin the process…

Good Luck!
0 votes
Shanequa Jen…, Agent, Columbia, MD
Thu Jan 9, 2014
If you're having no luck getting a letter stating that it's a mistake you can contact the credit reporting agencies directly and dispute the error. The credit agencies will contact the child support agency to verify whether or not the information they reported on your credit report is accurate. If they confirm that the information is accurate and you know it's a mistake you may have to seek help from an attorney. Do you have any proof that this is an error? If so, you should include this information when you send in your dispute.
0 votes
Thanks for the advice as I am currently disputing the issue with the credit reporting agency while I am still working with the child support agency to resolve is as they have remove it already from two of the three credit reporting agencies based on support documentation I have sent them to prove I am no way in arrears as they claim I am but having issues with them removing it from the third reporting agency. I am also working with an attorney but I hope this is a last resort and the agency and I can work it out.
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
brent mendel…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Bethesda, MD
Thu Jan 9, 2014
The first step and most important by far is getting the agency that reported incorrectly to provide you a letter stating it was in error and will be removed. If you get that you can have your lender to get it to the credit bureaus and have it removed and rescored in a few days. The hard part is getting the letter that says it's in error. If you don't have proof then you have to wait until they have time to report back that it's a mistake. That can take months and they may never do it.
Hope this was helpful.

Thank You,

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1st Mariner Mortgage
Office 240-235-5314
Cell 301-412-0259
Nmls #111407
Lending in ALL 50 states
0 votes
I have been since I found out but am having no luck with this agency which has left me just short of hiring an attorney to have this issue resolve asap
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
Charity Ihea…, Agent, CLINTON, MD
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Hi, I think you need to get in touch with the office of child support administration to get some vital information that will help you. Talking to an experienced lender is also vital at this time.
All the best!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Upper Marlboro Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more