How can I get lot size when doing my house search, and public water and sewer?

Asked by Nancy Ross, Cherry Hill, NJ Wed May 23, 2007

I must have a quieter location, because I have a constant headache and dogs barking or lawnmowers from neighbors is very difficult for me. A larger lot, or separation from other neighbors is essential.

Answers

11
Carole Cohen, Agent, Cleveland, OH
Fri May 25, 2007
We live in different States, but here, the County Auditor website gives you lot sizes. I checked and the only County sites I can see charge you for services, but there may be other options. My suggestion is to contact a Realtor® who can help you find a home and can advise you about an on line service in your area where you can look this up. Good luck on your home search, Nancy.
The Rifkin T…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Mon Apr 1, 2013
I know this is an old thread but if you still need any real estate help please call our office
(Keller Williams Cherry Hill) 856-321-1212 and ask for The Rifkin Team.

Marilyn Geig…, , 08034
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Hi Nancy,
Realtor.com and other brokerage sites do not include taxes, room sizes, lot sizes, sewer/septic info, addresses or map. It can really be frustrating. However, It is possible for you to search and save listings and get updated information for your search criteria without this frustration. Check out the web reference below for a sample. Good Luck !!!
Sharon Cinko…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Tue Jul 9, 2013
I would be happy to help you with any questions you may have and to help you find a more suitable location.
Sharon Cinkowski
REALTOR
Keller Williams Realty, Cherry Hill, NJ
856-321-1212, ext 432
360-904-5428 cell
Keri Ricci, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Fri Mar 28, 2008
Nancy, lot size and public water and sewer are standard fields on the MLS. Ask a local realtor to set you up for a drip of new listings coming in that match your criteria and this will save you all the time of sorting through various sites. Everything matching your needs will be sent directly through the MLS and then all new listings will go to you the instant they are listed!
Justin Kilis…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sat Sep 1, 2007
Nancy. I think first and foremost you need to explore areas that you feel would be comfortable for you based on commuting to work, shopping, family and so on. You can call anytown Hall by looking up the information on superpages or calling 411. You can ask the town if they have public utilities. I would figure our a geographic area that would work based on your needs then what i would do is contact a local realtor in that area through lets says REALTOR.com . At that point give the agent your criteria and allow an expert to help you locate the homes of your dreams
Web Reference:  http://www.isellroxbury.com
Cecilia, , Thousand Oaks, CA
Fri Aug 17, 2007
Dear Nancy,
Terry is right about using Realtor.com. Even though you can't see the houses by yourself, it could be a great starting point to see what's available in the area you're interested in. Just select "lot features and then specify the size you would like it to be.
Hope that helps, and good luck with your home search.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sun Jul 22, 2007
Sign up for automatic email alerts for the price range and neighborhoods that interest you on an agent or broker site, if you do not already have an established relationship w/ a Realtor.

Because lot size data is not always included on all MLS lisitngs, I recommend that you do not check this criteria. You may miss out on properties that don't match on the computer, but would match your needs.

When you see a property that interests you, email the agent/broker who sent you the listing and request the lot size, sewer and water info for that property.

Alternatively, you can choose an exclusive buyers agent, and let that person know you are depending upon them to research the market thoroughly on your behalf.

We are in NJ, but do not service the Cherry Hill area.

Best of luck to you.
Web Reference:  http://PeninsulaFirst.com
terryriw53, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Sun Jul 22, 2007
Well, Nancy, in Camden County to get the info you are looking for, you'd need to get a local agent to do the researhc for you. Although, you could do your own search on Realtor.com and use the advanced features to filter/select those things for you. However, many agents do not completely fill out the data fields when you enter a property in the local MLS. So, a local agent who knows the area would be able to zero right in on what you are looking for. Another option is to drive around and look at the areas to see if any properties that are being marketed in an area are on large lots. Sound to me that not only would you want a large lot, but you want a decent amount of foliage to help screen out the noises.
Troy, , Mercer County, NJ
Fri May 25, 2007
To answer your there really is no one good way to structure your search around this....if you use realtor.com you can select advanced search options and select the lot size, 1/2 acre plus or larger if you wish, this should cut down alot of the houses on top of each other.
Regardless you will need a realtor to see the homes, so why not just pick a realtor located near where you are looking and have them highlight the lot size, and utilities you want....if your looking in NJ you can tell me what you want and where, I will set a search that emails you the results and you can do with them what you want, no strings attached as the only buyer's we represent is those who are interested in our listings and those who have thier homes listed with us.
Good Luck
Kevin Boer, , Palo Alto, CA
Thu May 24, 2007
Alas, you've hit on a sore spot in the business. Most areas have an MLS, with two types of access. 1) Members can access several dozen different data fields, in many cases including information on lot size, and availability of public water and sewer. 2) The general public can only access a subset of that information, and in many cases that subset won't include things like public water and sewer availability.

Please don't ask why that is :) as the answer gets pretty quickly into industry politics.

You can sometimes do an end-run around restrictive MLS's by looking up county records, which in many cases are available online.