How can I get a look at a Real Estate Owned home? Can I call my agent or do I have to get a hold that bank?

Asked by Brian, Avon Lake, OH Fri Jul 18, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Stanley Step…, Agent, Avon Lake, OH
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Find an agent that you are comfortable working with that can represent you. They will get you into the home to look it over, help you see where you may be in setting an offer on the property and handle all the contact and paperwork involved in these transactions. Bank owned properties require expertise of an agent that can walk you through the process while taking the potential headaches/heartaches out of the situation you would face if you tried to go at it on your own. There is alot of time on the phone with these cases and you need to know who to talk to and the right terminology in getting things moving along.
0 votes
Paul Drury, Agent, Elyria, OH
Wed Nov 11, 2009
There are many good buyer agents in today's market. Virtually any agent can serve your needs, but you should interview a couple and do some research to find the one that your comfortable with.

There are many sources for bank repos. As a buyer agent / broker, I can set up, at no obligation, a specific search engine for you and grant you access to your own portal that will email you every morning with any new REO opportunities that were listed the day before. You can do your own searches and reviews and call when you've found one you like. This way you save time and energy and can take your time finding the right buy.

You can also go to to search HUD repossessed homes or to the FannieMae website called Home Path at to look for repossessed homes. Once you find something between your professional's searches and your own, then you professional can verify the best price and terms, write an offer, find financing, and assist with Title Company interaction. Find someone you can trust to represent you it's important. I am available for a no obligation interview at 440-385-5650 or

Paul W, Drury
Broker / Consultant
Keller Williams Realty
Greater Cleveland West
Web Reference:
0 votes
Lila Webster, Agent, Aurora, OH
Fri Jul 25, 2008
Always have your own Buyer's Agent! Someone who is working in your best interest. Decide on one agent and work with just him or her.
Best wishes and success!
Lila Webster - Howard Hanna
0 votes
Art Hotes, Agent, Cleveland, OH
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Hi Brian,

REO properties are listed with a real estate agent/company. They are shown either thru that company or if you have an agent specifically working with you, then with your agent.

If you do not have an agent, in your case a Buyer's Agent, then I could help you. I cover Avon Lake as well.

Let me know.

Art Hotes ~ RE/MAX Classic
0 votes
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Call your Realtor to see all the homes you are interested in - one stop shopping.

It's their job to find out how to show the houses that you are interested in to you.

0 votes
Mary Starkey, , Dayton, OH
Fri Jul 18, 2008
The bank owns the home but has it listed for sale with a real estate company. The only way to view the house is through a real estate agent. So, go ahead and call your agent. I am sure he/she will be glad to show you the home.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more