How can I get a listing of rental properties for sale in the Raleigh Durham area?

Asked by Clarence A. Lucas Jr., Durham, NC Sat Dec 28, 2013

Answers

3
Vivian Olkin, Agent, Carrboro, NC
Sun Dec 29, 2013
Clarence,

I just thought of an opportunity I know about that is not yet on the market. 5 condos in Durham at $11,000 each. Need appox $18k-$28k each, all cosmetic. Structure is sound. Does this interest you? If so, please contact me.

Vivian Olkin, aka CrazyViv (not so crazy after all)
vivian@crazyvivhomes.com
919-624-5479
Web Reference:  http://crazyvivhomes.com
Vivian Olkin, Agent, Carrboro, NC
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Hi Clarence,

If you are referring to residential units--single family houses, townhouses or condos, those will be listed for sale as regular listings. They may or may not be occupied with tenants. You can buy any home and rent it out. Often listings with tenants are below rented at below market rates and if they have a lease, you won't be able to raise the rent until the lease expires. They generally need to be renovated to bring in higher rents and good tenants.

I own several rental properties--if you own properties in good condition they will rent easily. I've renovated all of them and they rent well.

If you are looking at multi-unit complexes, some are listed with residential real estate agents, others are listed with commercial agents.

Before you start working with an agent, think about how you plan to finance your purchase and rehab, and locations that you want. Are you looking for cash flow or building equity? It makes a difference in what you choose to buy.
Deborah Mill…, Agent, Durham, NC
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Are you speaking of commercial buildings or residential property that may have previously been rental property? If the residential rental single family homes, then it would be listed as is other resale properties. I see them listed all the time of course some have active leases and some are vacant. If I can help you further please let me know. I have helped investors purchase homes, rehab them and then put them in the rental market.

Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker