Bz, Home Buyer in Niles, IL

How can I get a foreclosure house deal in Oak Brook, IL (60523)???

Asked by Bz, Niles, IL Thu Jun 10, 2010

Answers

6
Finding a knowledgeable realtor is the first step. You do not need all cash, but need to be prepared when you make an offer. Also, you can go to the county's website which will list the foreclosures. I've been a licensed realtor since 1978. My office is in Hinsdale and I do business in all the western suburbs and cook county.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 16, 2010
I see you posted this over 3 years ago in 2010. Did you find a "deal"?
Yes I agree with Debbie the purchase must be in cash. No financing on these deals!
Hi Bz-

I live and work in Oak Brook. When foreclosures come on the market they are listed with agents and we have access to them. Fortunately, we haven't had many foreclosures here. Your best bet is to find a buyer's agent who is familiar with the community & the foreclosure process to help you find a home.

There are "short sales" that have come on/off the market....1 just came on for $480,000 4 bedrooms, 3.2 baths & full basement.

Our prices have come down and there has been more negotiating room. There was a home that closed yesterday that was listed for $999,983 and sold for $850,000.

If you have any questions or need assistance let me know.

Laura Karambelas SFR, CREN, RCC, CNHS
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource Agent
Baird & Warner
Find a Realtor with whom you work well. Establish a relationship, have them keep their eyes open, and before you know it, you will have them sending you potential foreclosure purchases.
Have ALL CASH and make your offer with a Realtor on the first day the property is listed.