How can I find out which older highrises near the lakeshore allow you to put in waher/dryer hook-ups?

Asked by Mbartik, 60546 Fri May 21, 2010

I've been looking at all the listings north of downtown and have seen this mentioned in only 2.

Answers

5
Rob Shutan, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri May 21, 2010
In Edgewater the following highrises on Sheridan allow in-unit washers and dryers:

5320 N. Sheridan
5415 N. Sheridan
5701 N. Sheridan
6030 N. Sheridan
6101 N. Sheridan

Unfortunately agents don't always mark the in-unit hook-up option in MLS if the unit already has a washer and dryer so sometimes that search can be misleading. If you're interested in buildings in other neighborhoods or if you'd like me to send you all the available listings in highrises that allow in-unit washers and dryers please contact me.
5415 N. Sheridan only allows them in 3-bedroom units.
Flag Tue May 8, 2012
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri May 21, 2010
Hi Mbartik,

I mis-spoke earlier, I meant to say there are 187 units, not buildings, that allow W/D in unit.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri May 21, 2010
Have your agent look into it for you. They can send you all the ones that allow in unit washer and dryers. If your not working with an agent, go out and get one. As a buyer, using an agent is free!

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri May 21, 2010
Hello Mbartik,

Your best bet is to work with a Realtor that can run a search for you, especially if you are a home buyer. I ran a "quick" search & found 187 condo buildings allow W/D in unit in the Edgewater neighborhood.

A buyers agent is at no charge to you. You get a wealth of knowledge, experience & commitment & someone that will look out for your best interest, again at no charge to you.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further help/assistance.

Steve Northey, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri May 21, 2010
You can give me a call. I am your neighbor in Edgewater. It really varies from building to building.
Steve Northey
Koenig&Strey Real Living
snorthey@koenigstrey.com
Cell 773-562-5592