Home Buying in Oviedo>Question Details

Tlellingwood, Home Buyer in Oviedo, FL

How can I find out what was on a certain preoprty 100 years ago. I also would like to know if anyone had died on this property.

Asked by Tlellingwood, Oviedo, FL Sat Feb 25, 2012

1501 O'Berry Hoover Road Orlando Florida 32825

Answers

6
I notice the house at this address was built in 1959. Might be a sub-division of homes. All of Orlando is only to 1835 or so when Indians were trying to drive the whites out. The land boom of 1920s followed by the great depression, suggests that 100 years ago in 1912, nothing was on the land.
1501 O'Berry Hoover Road Orlando Florida 32825. Check Zillow.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 26, 2012
Annette, I ilke it.
....in 1912, February to be exact, the area was too wet for citrus trees, so the worthless scrub brush was home to wild swine preumably left by migrating caribes escaping tryanny from xenophobic whites. The first houses were workers shacks. Died? They all died. Since there were no medical facilties in the area, everyone died at home. Then a fellow named Flagler came along. The rest is well known.
Why do you want to know who may have died on the property? That can be just as interesting.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 26, 2012
Some folks are not certain what happened to Kennedy, and that was not all that long ago. To what degree of certainty are you seeking to have actionable information? Knowing you will never acheive 100% cetainty, here are some steps to follow:
#1, Find out how far back your county records go. Then
#2. Have a title company research the property ownership for you. Then
#3. Hire the historian at the community historical socieity to dig through the scraps of newspapers to see who might have meet their end at the location and how the previous owners meet their end.

#4. Take the gathered information and submit to a ghost writer you can find on Criags List to create a histiorical Journal regarding this property.

#5. Knock on the home's door and see how much you can sell your journal for. For a nice bonus, offer to replace the journal authors name.

Anytime you can create the back story for art, house, author, artist, the value increases...significantly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 26, 2012
That is really not possible as not part of official records, generally considered immaterial. With the possible exception a property gaining notariety through a news event, such as the Sharon Tate mansion in California, nost news references are fleeting. Finally, even with a geneology search of all previous residents, their location of death is unknown. Even in my own case at my childhood home in Jacksonville. My father died when I was 3, however, he became ill at work, rushed to the hosital and died within 12 hours. Post mortem diagnosed it as an aggressive strain of poliio, a vear before Salk founded the vaccine. Citywide mass hysteria based on the lack of knowledge resulted in the health dept quarantinning the property and occupants. News reports didn't go nto detail of work vs home, and technically, he died at the hospital...so does this "taint" the property?
Web Reference: http://www.orlandoshome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 26, 2012
You'll need to find a vacant piece of land that has never been built on if you want to be sure no one has ever died on the property.... on 2nd thought, it's possible a person could have died on a vacant lot, too. As mentioned earlier by Realtor Lawrence Gray, records are not well kept as far as the "place" a person died.
Google the address, ask the neighbors, check newspaper archives.
But what if the event happened 105 years ago?`
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com