Nancy, Home Buyer in Howell, MI

How can I find out what the utilities run for this house?

Asked by Nancy, Howell, MI Sat Jan 10, 2009

The question did not link back to the listing.

The only way to find out what utilities run is to ask the agent to find out from the seller. Your usage may vary significantly though.

If you would like me to find out for you, let me know. Of course, I will need to know what house you are talking about.

Maureen Francis
SKBK Sotheby's
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 10, 2009
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
Request if from the seller or contact the local utility companies to get a better idea.

how do i find how much utilities are for a house

I would agree that DTE would be your best source for information. Will this be accurate? Possibly not, it would depend upon if the property was occupied 100 percent of the past year, how many people lived in the home, and their habits compared to yours.

I would take any information you find with a grain of salt. You might be better comparing your current utilities usage (minus water and sewage) and contact DTE to ask what your bill would be.

As suggested, placing the link for a property might make it easier to give you information.
Web Reference:

Many times agents will request the seller to fill out a basic form that includes "important information" about the home because it is information that buyers like yourself need as a consideration. The form would include: taxes, heating expense, water bill, insurance, electricity, etc.

The listing agent should have access to this information. Ask your agent to request it from them.