How can I find out the homes history, who lived there before?

Asked by Marisol, Covina, CA Wed Dec 29, 2010

Answers

7
Drewman59, Home Buyer, Covina, CA
Wed Sep 27, 2017
7506 Grouse Pl
Landover, MD 20785-4613
Drewman59, Home Buyer, Covina, CA
Wed Sep 27, 2017
7506 Grouse Pl
Landover, MD 20785-4613
Shel-lee Dav…, Agent, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Fri Dec 31, 2010
Marisol:

A title search will yield ownership history of the property. It will not necessarily tell you who lived there. I have owned properties I never lived in and lived in properties I never owned.

Your best source of information is the seller. Neighbors, as others have mentioned, are also a good source of information. If you have concerns, make sure to voice them to your realtor, so they can address them directly with the sellers agent. Good luck in finding the perfect home for you. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, QSC®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource – SFR®
Certified HAFA Specialist – CHS®
SSG Pro®
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
424-2HELP12 (424-243-5712)
myrealestateanswers@gmail.com
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com
Melissa Krch…, , Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thu Dec 30, 2010
An Agent and their Title Officer should be able to get you the information you would like. If a home is vacant (ie it's an REO/Bank Owned Home), I always suggest talking to the neighbors because they were around for years. But that's mostly to find out about the home, not always who lived there. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Shawn Rogers, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Marisol-

Good Evening.

Sara gave you solid advise. I am not 100% sure about your state but you should be able to go on your counties tax records and do research on said property. If you can't a local agent, title company or RE
lawyer can.

I hope that helps.

Shawn, REALTOR, Arizona
Nuria J. Fig…, , Covina, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
If you have an agent, they can provide you the information you are requesting from Title. Title will give all the detais of the prvious owner and record of all the activities that were done thru years. If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to contact Via E-mail at nj_figueroa@hotmail.com or
Direct: 888-208-8802. Thank You Nuria
Sara Mehrpou…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Dec 29, 2010
You can ask a real estate agent to look up the owner's name history. You may also go talk to the neighbors too, if you like. They usually like to gossip. As a buyer, you have the right to investigate the neighborhood. Good luck.

Sara Mehrpouyan Cdpe
Rodeo Realty
818-903-2040
Dre #01712757
http://www.athomewithsara.com