How can I find out if a house that was supposed to be auctioned off at the courthouse was sold or not? Thanks!

Asked by Cindy Lewyn, Ball Ground, GA Mon Jun 20, 2011

Answers

4
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Contact your realtor and he can pull the ownership records for you. You can also visit your local assessor's office to check on the ownership. The information should be public.
Web Reference:  http://www.oggikashi.com/
davidwbrower, , Woodstock, GA
Mon Jun 20, 2011
You can also call the foreclosure attorney that was assigned to carry out the foreclosure. They can confirm if the foreclosure took place. Was it your home? Or are you interested in the home. With an address I can probably find that information out for you.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Cindy,

If the auction date has passed you can count on the property having been sold....either to a new independent buyer or the lender that held the note. Generally, if the property is uncontested, the bank will purchase the property and then clear the title and sell it as a "foreclosure."

If you had interest in this home, all is not lost because it will likely resurface as a foreclosure. So it would be advisable to identify a realtor to monitor the market for you and inform you when it becomes available.

Hope this information is helpful.

Angela Smith, Agent, Jasper, GA
Wed Feb 26, 2014
If you are still looking to purchase a home in Ball Ground, I would love to send you a list of available homes. I specialize in foreclosures and short sales. Thanks!
RealtorAngelaSmith@gmail.com