How can I find out how much and how long a mello roos is?

Asked by jmccashin, Ventura, CA Mon May 14, 2012

Answers

3
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon May 14, 2012
This information is also provided with the Natural Hazards Disclosure packet specific to the property --- provided by Disclosure Source or JCP.

If the listing agent has obtained this report, he should give it to you/your realtor for your review.

Carolyn Zeig…, , Danville, CA
Mon May 14, 2012
I would be happy to provide the information for you on the mello roos taxes for a particular property (must have exact address). But as stated before, the length is more difficult to find as it may vary from subdivision to subdivision. The title company can usually help out in this instance by providing you with the proper avenue.

Please feel free to contact me any time!

Good luck to you!

Carolyn Zeigler
Neil Case, Agent, Martinez, CA
Mon May 14, 2012
In order to determine the amount of Mello Roos you can typically refer to the property tax record. Most counties have a public website that will allow you to access that info as it is public and not private information. Some county recorders websites allow you to search via address only and others allow search only via assessors parcel number.

Getting info on the length of the Mello Roos bond is a little more difficult because the maturity date on the bond can change as the years pass. There are also some websites that provide this info but for a fee. What you need is the name and number of the bond and the phone number to call for the administrator of the bond.

Or you could just contact a local realtor (like me) who has access to all this info. If you are talking about Contra Costa county just tell me the address and I'll get the info for you. If you are already working with a local realtor please ask him or her.