Anshul, Home Buyer in Issaquah, WA

How can I find out based on the home address which is the elementary/Middle/HIgh school my children would go?

Asked by Anshul, Issaquah, WA Sat Aug 30, 2008

How can I find out based on the home address which is the elementary/Middle/HIgh school my children would go

Answers

6
The Cascade…, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sat Jan 16, 2010
You can go to the Tools section of The Cascade Team website here: http://www.thecascadeteam.com/tools.html

From there you can see complete school information including student teacher ratio and WASL scores by school. You can also do a school comparison and compare up to 10 different schools side by side for scores and student teacher ratio!
Karen Mcknig…, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Sun Aug 31, 2008
Each of the school districts has a website and on most of them, there is a boundary line map. I see you are in zip code 98027, so that is Issaquah. On my website, http://www.mcknightrealty.com, under About the Area / Area Links, I have a link to the Issaquah School district, where you can read good information.

Since the Issaquah School district does not have a map on their site,the best solution is to call the Issaquah School District and ask for the Transportation department. That is always the best department to call because they figure out the bus routes and always know what address goes to which school.
Larry & Kathy…, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sat Aug 30, 2008
The surest medod is always to call the scholl district with the address.
Ardell Della…, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Sat Aug 30, 2008
The individual schools are a field in the mls, but not a required field. If the agent put in that optional info, it will appear when you look up property on the Redfin site or Estately.com. Not all sites carry that info from the download, but I know those two do..

If the house you are looking at does not have that info, click on the houses closest to it and one of the agents nearby may have included that data when they entered their listing. Then double check with the schools before making an offer based on schools.

If you know what school you are looking for, any agent can do a search by that school and send you the string of homes via email. Then you can target homes nearby that likely have the same schools,
Often the agent won't list the school because there are a few options for parents, and the school closest to the house may not be the designated school, and yet most of the children in the neighborhood attend it by permit. So if the agent can't guarantee the info is correct, best to leave it out altogether.

I can't find a public site with the ability to search by school info, so you will need an agent to do that kind of search. But if you use the map feature on Estately.com until you get a house that lists the schools you are looking for, you can probably figure out the ones with good potential pretty quickly.
Mary Sunde, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Sat Aug 30, 2008
Anshul
I would call the transportation department of the schoold district you think you would be in, like Issaquah,
and give them your address and they can either give you the schools or refer you to another school district.
Mary
Ken Jacobs, , Redmond, WA
Sat Aug 30, 2008
Most of the school districts in the area have a boundary map, or address lookup on their websites. For example, see the link in the web reference below for a boundary map for Issaquah elementary schools. If you're looking in other areas, or have more specific questions, please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be glad to point you in the right direction.