How can I find local sold homes dating back to 2010 to help me file for a property tax abatement? Rehoboth, MA

Asked by Lisa4, 02769 Mon Jan 9, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Tue Jan 10, 2012
You can ask a Realtor to do a simple comp for you. It takes a few min. You can also go online and look at your neighbor's assessments.
1 vote
Alyson Roslo…, Agent, Warwick, RI
Sat Nov 3, 2012
You should ask a local realtor for help. You need to compile some current sales in your area that are similar to your home in amenities and size, a realtor has access to that information and can print you out some comparable, "sold" listings. Good Luck!
0 votes
Cherie Murra, Agent, Acton, MA
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Your local library may have copies of Banker and Tradesman newspaper which would help you find sales in your town.
My town hall keeps a print out of solds. Check with your town hall.

I agree with Louis . It is how you compare with similar homes (sq ft, lot size,location) that will determine whether an abatement will be granted.
0 votes
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Mon Jan 9, 2012
Its not the sale history dating back to 2010 that will help you get an abatement, you have to show that they have presently assessed your home unfairly compared to other similar homes with similar amenities, in similar locations.

Any broker can provide you the sold homes in 2010 in a couple of minutes. You can also go on your local assessors website (if they have one and should be able to run a search as well)
0 votes
Heidi Zizza, Agent, Framingham, MA
Mon Jan 9, 2012
ask a local agent for a CMA that pre dates to 2010
0 votes
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Mon Jan 9, 2012
I would ask an agent or better a broker for help. Here are some companies with offices in Rehoboth that you can consult:
Blu Sky Real Estate (508) 507-0022 REHOBOTH, MA 02769
Cedar Hill Realty (508) 455-0110 REHOBOTH, MA 02769
Century 21 David Smith R.E. (508) 252-1000 (508) 252-4137 Rehoboth, MA 02769
Crosstate Appraisal (401) 573-7056 (774) 565-5007 Rehoboth, MA 02769
Hawes Real Estate (508) 252-9417 (508) 252-9417 Rehoboth, MA 02769
Heritage Realty (508) 509-3379 (888) 868-2382 REHOBOTH, MA 02769
Summit Realty Team, Inc. (774) 565-0052 (508) 730-6576 Rehoboth, MA 02769

(Keep in mind that when you give a thumbs up to an answer - or better choose an answer as a best answer - it helps the answerer on this site.)
0 votes
Laurie Dickey, Agent, Swansea, MA
Mon Jan 9, 2012
Hi Lisa,

Trulia allows you to get information regarding sold homes. However if you want more accurate information or more details the best place to get the answers is through the MLS system.

I'd be more than happy to help you out. Feel free to call me directly at 774-444-5444.

Web Reference:
0 votes
Andrew Adams, , 01915
Mon Jan 9, 2012
Why not just pay an appraiser to completre an appraisal?

The other issue is the town doesn't have to change the assessed value or tax bill. Keep in mind the town's budget doesn't shrink because property values have declined. The town still (in theory) needs to pay it's bills.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more