How can I determine whether or not an existing 3rd unit on a property assessed as 2-family has a legal variance?

Asked by raysfineart, New Orleans, LA Wed Mar 20, 2013

I've seen a number of properties on this site that appear to fit this description. I assume there is some means of grandfathering in a non-conforming use when zoning is changed. How is that handled in the city of NOLA and would that grandfathering survive a change in ownership?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Abraham Walk…, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Call the Zoning Administrator of New Orleans. they will give you the answer over the phone is you ask nicely and wait patiently. There number is (504) 658-7033. Make sure you have the property address, lot and square number when you call. You can find that information on the assessors website:
0 votes
Wayne Clark, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Fri Mar 29, 2013
You can check with new orleans zoning department.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more