Home Buying in Covina>Question Details

Homeseeking, Home Buyer in Baldwin Park, CA

How are the chances now with buying a house with FHA loan. We are first time home buyer and looking around

Asked by Homeseeking, Baldwin Park, CA Fri Jul 10, 2009

Covina, Baldwin Park, La puente area. We are approved for $250k loan.

Answers

3
Good evening!
I have lived in the San Gabriel Valley most of my life and understand the areas you are looking at very well.

That price range can buy you a home. However, as you are probably aware, most of the homes in this area are older...built in the 1950's and 1960's and will be in various states of aging and repairs.

You will need some patience however....most of these homes are short sales. But there are some standard sales. The key is to find them quickly as they come onto the market and I definitely can do that for you.

If you would like to discuss further your needs and wants in a property, I would be happy to discuss with you.

Please feel free to call or email me.

Matt McClain
Axiom Real Estate
626-354-3813
It depends on the condition of the home and the seller. If you're keying in on short sales or foreclosures you need to make sure you make a strong offer because with these properties a lot of time they are priced to attract several bids and an asking price offer sometimes will not cut it, especially if someone else is offering the same price but with a larger down payment.

My advice is to employ a buyers agent who specializes in the type of transaction you're looking to do
You need to find out where the houses are at that price and put in offers. It may mean that you will be putting in lots of offers before you get lucky! Some buyers have put in 10 to 20 offers before they get one but stay with it. I'm not in your area but you can search though my web site for that area.