House purchase with loan spouse not on the title

Asked by melissafj77, 77381 Wed Oct 31, 2012

Hi my parents want to buy a house in TX( montgomery county) without a loan, they are not us citizens, they want it to be on my name and my mother's , I am married and they do not want my husband on the title ( they get along great but thewr eis other issues right now and hubby is ok with this) so my question is it possible to buy a home in cash without having a spouse signing the documents or the deed ( it doesnt matter if is still community property ) thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Pancha Vuru, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Nov 5, 2012
It depends on your state. Some states don't allow your situation. it is because of State tax law.
0 votes
Katherine Mo…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Oct 31, 2012
If it is in Georgia, it's fine. You should check with an attorney licensed in Texas to be certain. There are also other ways to buy a house, setting up a family trust is one way, but the laws of each state are so different, you need advise from someone licensed in that state. (for example, in Florida and Illinois you can set up a land trust and record title in the name of the trust and have you and your mom be the beneficiaries of the trust, great way if Texas has similar option).

So I recommend you post this question on Trulia in the Montgomery County, Texas section.

Good luck!

Katherine L. Morrison, Realtor
Team Realty Group
Alpharetta, GA
404-697-4626 (direct)
0 votes
Ava Anderson, Agent, Snellville, GA
Wed Oct 31, 2012
You are saying this is a cash purchase and if that's the case it should be fine.
0 votes
Rodney Mason, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Atlanta, GA
Wed Oct 31, 2012
You would have to pose this question to a loan officer that is licensed in Texas.
0 votes
is not a loan we are buying Cash no loan involved
Flag Wed Oct 31, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more