House listed as built in 2012 and for sale, but address is empty lot. Photo used in listing is of a different house. What gives?

Asked by Life'sABeach, Roanoke, VA Thu Apr 11, 2013

My husband and I tried to drive by the "brand new" house listed at 1196 Crest Ridge Drive in Bedford yesterday, but the house doesn't exist. GPS took us to an empty lot that's for sale at the end of the street (all the "street views" also show the same empty lot, but we assumed those shots were taken prior to construction of the home). If I remember correctly, the last house on that street is number 1192. It appears that the photo for the house being advertised as 1196 Crest Ridge Road is actually a photo of the house at 1261 Emerald Crest Drive (which is currently occupied and NOT for sale), yet the listing info for the house at 1196 Crest Ridge says it was built in 2012. What is going on here?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3111023844-1196-Crest-Rdg-Bed…

Answers

2
Brian Bowne, Agent, Forest, VA
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Listed for Sale by the builder: Parsell & Zieglar. Known for their volume, Not (my personal opinion) for their quality construction. Be careful as this first contact (the listing) is already suspect. Let me show you the best way to find your next home: contact "the Guy with the Tie" Brian Bowne
Scott Foglem…, Agent, Forest, VA
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Hello, they have not broken ground for that home yet. Give me a call and we can discuss this home and any others.

Scott Fogleman
434-941-8847
Agent with Keller Williams
Do realtors often do this? Advertise that a house is for sale and pass off pictures of another house as that one when it hasn't even been built yet?
Flag Thu Apr 11, 2013