House is listed for 459,000 I think I should get it for 425,

Asked by Dmseverino, Union City, NJ Thu Feb 28, 2013

The house needs a new heating/boiler system and electric update, now using a recalled system it has 3brooms and 2 and half bath everything from the 50 s taken care of but not updated nice lot.

Answers

4
Jim Olive, Agent, Key West, FL
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Talk with your agent about the "norm" for the area in terms of the sale to list price ration. This is the "typical" difference between what people are paying for homes compared to what those homes were listed at. That's a good start point. If your prospective home is in worse condition than the average, you might be in a position to consider an offer below the norm (ie: most homes in the area are selling for 90% of list, so you offer 85% or less, depending on how much work is needed). Remember, also, when you use these tools that just because the norm is 90%, that DOES NOT MEAN that the seller has to take 90%. A seller will only sell at a price acceptable to him/her, and they may be absolutely firm in their price (come hell or high water!). Best of luck in your purchase...
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Sounds like a great deal....maybe...
What does your agent say?

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us

Movie Tour - Scotsdale Bluffs - http://youtu.be/KTuVUxNDpOQ
Find out how EZ selling your big water view can be.
Warren Freri…, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Always remember Location Location Location! If you would like us to run some comps for you in the area please give us a call. We do happen to live and work in 07405. Have a great day. Thanks Julie and Warren
Michael Pers…, Agent, Edgewater, NJ
Thu Feb 28, 2013
This is a buyers market you are incontrol.

I have similar properties available in the are if you would like to compare this home to the others.

I am a full time broker out of Edgewater, if you have any questions call me directly at 201 848 2068 or email me at. Mrp@grouptwentysix.com

Continued success,

Michael