Hope to retire to NJ. Asked REA in Barnegat about lo-regulation tonws (grass height, etc) and they were RUDE! Any laid-back towns nr Freehold?

Asked by Thomas Simmons, Shelburne Falls, MA Tue Oct 15, 2013

Answers

5
Dennis Knight, Agent, Millstone, NJ
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Thomas - most towns have regulations as to the grass height and such. It's mostly a matter of crowded your area is, as to if you are likely to have neighbors complaints. It sounds like you just need a bit more rural that urban area. Many parts of Howell, Millstone and Farmingdale still have that touch of former country space. Jackson, Wall, Upper Freehold and Imlaystown may also be good choices, as well, depending on all the criteria you need to meet.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Jonathan Mor…, Both Buyer And Seller, North Bergen, NJ
Sun Mar 30, 2014
Depending on what you are looking for, some of these towns in Monmouth or Ocean County even offer lawn maintenance so you don't have to worry about stuff like that. Laid-back towns include the farmland areas of Millstone, Freehold, Monroe, etc. Contact my realtor, she's very familiar with the area and will be able to help you: Hi Thomas, visit my friend's site, she's a Prudential Realtor in Central Jersey, she should be able to help you: http://jennifergererealtor.com/
Steven Cohen, Agent, Morganville, NJ
Sun Oct 20, 2013
Promise not to be rude. Be happy to help.
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Tue Oct 15, 2013
I would only add this - your search for a real estate agent has advanced - you can take the rude one off of your short list ;-)

Good luck finding your retirement home!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Serivce, Unsurpassed Results
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Tue Oct 15, 2013
As Dennis stated most town have regulations, and most enforce them. In New Jersey we seem to have more regulations and government interference than other states. Also, in addition to state, county and municipal regulations if you more to a retirement community or any community with a home owners association you'll have more regulations to deal with.

I work in Barnegat and all of southern Ocean County and apologize if you had a bad experience with an agent here. The agents I've dealt with are usually very polite and patient.