Homepath listing agent fraud!

Asked by Laura, Plantation, FL Mon May 6, 2013

My husband and I put in an offer on a home in Davie, Fl. The listing price was $144,900. We put in an offer of $144k- about a week later, we got an email to submit our best anf final offer- so we went to $146,500- We didnt ask for closing costs, and we agreed to do our mortgage through homepath- The next day we received a counter offer- the only thing they countered was the closing date- so we accepted the offer right away. Our realtor called the listing agent every day for 4 days asking about the contract and when they would send it to us.All he said is that it usually takes 3-5 days to get the contract Our offer status on the homepath website was as accepted. Today, my realtor called the listing agent to check on the status of the contract, and he told her that he received a higher offer, if we wanted the house to submit a higher offer. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? Our offer was accepted and in the system! The listing agent also removed our offer all together from the system. Help- I think

Answers

5
Stefanie Coh…, Agent, Weston, FL
Tue May 7, 2013
I would recommend your agent checking with Homepath. Find out how they were able to remove your offer from the system after it was posted as accepted. They should be made aware of this, and go from there.

Sorry you had such a negative experience. Best of luck!

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Scohen77@aol.com
Robert DiAlb…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Mon Aug 19, 2013
It is a very challenging market.
Michelle A H…, Agent, Cooper City, FL
Wed Aug 14, 2013
What you have to understand that when Fannie Mae was countering your offer they were asking if you would accept the terms of their counter and you did. However,they have the right to negotiate several contracts at one time unlike the rest of us who have to negotiate under Real Estate Ethics that state we can only negotiate one contract at a time. Although you had accepted their counter, until they send you a signed contract your offer is not necessarily the one they decided to accept.
Susan J Penn,…, Agent, Weston, FL
Mon May 6, 2013
Your agent and you should go to the broker and file a complaint.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR
Esslinger-Wooten-Maxwell Inc
2000 Main Street
Weston, FL 33326
954-557-5993
E-mail: penn.s@ewm.com
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon May 6, 2013
Go on the homepath.com website and see where you can file a complaint directly with them.