Homeowner's insurance options in Uptown

Asked by Philip, New Orleans, LA Thu Jan 8, 2009

I am interested in buying a house in the Uptown or Garden District areas. Are there any alternatives to Louisiana Citizen's in these particular areas? Also, how can I qet a quote on homeowner's insurance before I select a property. I would at least like an estimate about my insurance rate as it will help me determine the cost of the house I would like to purchase. Thanks for your help.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


craig mirambell’s answer
craig miramb…, Agent, Metairie, LA
Thu Jan 8, 2009
Sure there are email me i will give you his name realtorcraig@cox.net
Its hard to get an accurate quote. They can give you a rough idea, but for the most part, they usually look at the property claim history, flood history, etc. But they can surely give you tough ideas.

Shoot me an email, realtorcraig@cox.net
0 votes
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Fri May 3, 2013
Email me at ian@iansellsnola.com and I can give you a good measure of #insurance pricing. There are variations in rates but there are some basic rule of thumb measures one can use once you have an idea of size, location and type, (single or multifamily for example) that you are considering. We can look at taxes, insurance and areas that have that additional $400 or so a year "security fee" tacked on to your property tax bill.
Web Reference:  http://iansellsnola.com
0 votes
Hassan Dabon, Agent, Gretna, LA
Thu May 2, 2013
There are alternatives and this is a question better suited for an insurance professional. While you may be able to get an estimate but not a quote without a property address. Also you should consider flood insurance when purchasing your property. go to riskmap6.com for more information on flood insurance requirements. I hope this helps.
0 votes
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Thu Jan 8, 2009
To best serve your needs you should have a specific location / property in mind. Insurance can vary from $400 to $3000 per yr on flood, and $1500 to $5000 per yr for fire/wind/hail.

I would strongly advise getting yourself a certified Buyers Agent who understands what and how any particular house's final price will effect you when it comes to insurance, etc...do not take any seller's / listing agents word for anything...they are trying to sell the house, not get you to understand what it will really take to aquire and hold a house long/short term.

This seems to be a serious problem Uptown for some reason as insurance implications get harder for the average person to understand and some agents continue to befuddle potential buyers...so very much...buyer beware!
Web Reference:  http://iansellsnola.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more