Home inspectors in Monmouth County, New Jesey

Asked by Thomas Russo, Middletown, NJ Wed Mar 25, 2009

Looking for anyone who can suggest a good home inspector in Monmouth County, New Jersey. I've come across a couple who look good but still looking.

Answers

6
Pinky7654, Home Buyer, Tinton Falls, NJ
Fri Jun 5, 2009
I just bought a condo in Tinton Falls. I used a similar site to find out who the best Inspection company/person to use.. ..A realtor from Red Bank raved about Pete Aiello from LandAmerica. I took her advice--He was fabulous! I'd definitely use him again. Even though it was only a condo, he was very thorough and took his time. He gave me suggestions and advice & answered all of my questions. A++++++++++++
William Pabst, , Toms River, NJ
Wed Mar 25, 2009
Tom,
Realtors will often hesitate to make recommendations along these lines as experiences and people differ. Most will offer a minimum of 3 possible home inspectors for the client to contact and hopefully those recommendations are based on experience. I would contact several home inspectors in your area and ask them for availability, names of realtors who have used them, and names of past buyers. These will be your best source of good home inspectors.
Ladeda, Home Buyer, Tinton Falls, NJ
Wed Apr 13, 2016
There is really thorough inspector in Tinton Falls, Inside & Out Home Inspection. I have a couple of friends that went with him and they were totally satisfied. He is especially helpful for first time home buyers. He previously had a construction company.
Racheysmachey, Both Buyer And Seller, New Jersey
Thu Mar 18, 2010
I recently used Inspect It Neil for my inspection. It was an old house (over 135 years) and Neil was very thorough and friendly. He discovered things that the sellers did not even know were present in their house (like aluminum wiring - which can be dangerous). I highly recommend Neil. He will provide you with a comprehensive report and pictures to document his findings. He provided the report to me in under three days from the date of the inspection, and it was a 49 page report!

I highly recommend him.
Web Reference:  http://inspectitneil.com/
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Wed Mar 25, 2009
Thomas,

As previously mentioned, those recommended by your Realtor are usually good choices, especially if the Realtor regularly does business in that area of the purchase and is aware that the inspector also has knowledge about the area. I realize that some buyers are apprehensive of Realtor recommedations due to the notion of kickbacks or an inspector turning a blind eye to help to the deal along, but, honestly, I think this is a rarity.

My current recommedations to clients are as follows:

Rob Hahn, 732.672.9859; tell him I sent you and get a $35 discount

Mark IV Home Inspection, Mark Bloodgood
732.604.3488

Enginspect, Frank Tiedeken
732.280.0011

Best of luck!

Francesca, Realtor, ePro
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Wed Mar 25, 2009
William is right. Your agent should be able to recommend a few to you. Start with his/her recommendations and you should be set.
Good luck with your inspection. You want someone thorough but not an alarmist who will kill your deal. Ask your agent!
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com