Home buying process / hunting : competent realtor seeked

Asked by Jonv. Joseph, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jul 18, 2013

We're a young couple of foreigners looking to buy a house in L.A area, and even thought we've scanned the heated market for quite a few months now, we are seeking for a competent realtor that we can trust to assist us in our house hunting & buying process. I don't want to get too specific on the public part of the website, but here are a few details that may be of use :

- We're arriving end of august, and we'll have a narrowed time frame for the house hunting & buying as our rental goes for only a month. As it can be extended, we would like to avoid doing it. The house will be paid cash, so I guess it should reduce the time (as answered in one of my previous question). However, our agent will need to have time for us during this month as we will be fully available and dedicated to finding our piece of the californian dream.
- Good negotiating skills & relational required :-)
- We're a young couple, and therefor will be looking for a nice are, where fIos is available.

Answers

16
Jamie Tian, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi J.J.,

Thanks for contacting us here on Trulia and congratulations on your decision to move to Los Angeles!

I would be happy to help you find your dream home here in Los Angeles. I currently live in Westwood, and having graduated from UCLA, I am very familiar with the area!

I completely understand your narrowed time frame and I have experience working with foreign buyers such as yourself. I just recently helped a Chinese couple put a property into escrow within 3 days of their arriving to the United States!

I pride myself in my superior communication and negotiating skills and I am always happy to answer any questions you might have throughout the home-buying process. Also, I always tell my clients to contact me anytime during the day or night, as real estate is a 24/7 job!

Since you will be arrive at the end of August, we can start narrowing down homes that you might be interested in now, so I can get an idea of the style and type of house you are looking for. I can send you a list of available properties that fit your search criteria and budget with photos and descriptions to look at online, and then we can schedule appointments for the first few days you arrive for any properties you are interested in.

Now is also the time to arrange to have your funds (cash) wired to your U.S. bank accounts if you have not already done so. With all cash, you can close in within 15 days!

Please feel free to contact me directly at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty Fine Estates
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference:  http://www.jamietian.com
Austin Chen, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
JJ-

I grew up in Westwood/West L.A. and now own and live in Santa Monica. I am extremely familiar with these neighborhoods and I would be delighted to assist you in your search.

I still live very close to West L.A. I am readily available to assist you. Je parle un petit peu de Francais aussi.

Please contact me with any questions and/or to schedule an appointment with me once you have arrived in the States.

Bonne chance,
--
Austin Chen, REALTOR®
Real Estate Investment Specialist
BRE #: 01898306
Office: 323.902.SOLD (7653)
eFax: 323.443.1093
Mobile: 310.948.2629
Email: austin@hrela.com
Website: hrela.com
By the way, I have two different pocket listings for condos that might interest you; one is in Westwood and one is in West L.A.
Flag Thu Jul 18, 2013
Annie Ritz, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon Aug 5, 2013

I would be happy to help!

I help clients all over Los Angeles and have a good grasp of the various neighborhoods. Please check out my website and let me know if you like what you see!

http://www.annieritz.com

Annie
310-736-0575
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Aug 5, 2013
We can certainly help you out. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com and give us a call. One of our loan officers will look at your situation and present you with some options.
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
If you are looking in the San Gabriel Valley, I have worked for many years with Shannon Chang 626-319-8545. Your description of what your are seeking in a Realtor fits her to a tee! I highly recommend her.
Caroline Har…, Agent, Northridge, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
I can't wait to welcome you to LA! Take a look at my profile and reviews. I know what young taste is all about and being of the Next Generation of Real Estate Professionals, I have the Top Techniques and skills to get you into a home you will love! I can show you homes almost every day, in different cities, so call me!

__________________________
Caroline Harabedian
RE-Search Concept
8700 Reseda Blvd., Suite 213-B
Northridge, California 91324
(818) 967-9626 mobile
(818) 979-0226 fax
http://www.HomesByCaroline.net
Reply To: caroline.wcli@gmail.com,
Richard "RJ"…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hello Joseph. I am a highly experienced agent/broker and can definitely assist you with your purchase needs. I am based in Beverly Hills in the #1 office globally for sales. This is an actual stat, not just a "I am #1" I have earned numerous awards for sales and distinction and was recently recognized by the Los Angeles magazine as one of the very best in Los Angeles in sales, negotiation and customer service. It would be my pleasure to speak with you and meet with you and go over your needs with you. I hope to hear from you.

Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills South
166 N. Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-278-4934 fax ATT: RJ
RichardKas@gmail.com - http://www.RJforLA.com - BRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
Maguy Benaim, , Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hello Joseph
It will be a great pleasure to find you your dream house. Feel free to contact me 323-547-2743. Best regards...
Kathleen Bec…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi Joseph:

I would love to work with you in August. I was born, raised and still working in the Los Angeles and surrounding areas and know them extremely well.

Have you looked at areas were you want to be? Do you know you price range and what your dream house is? How many bedroom and bathrooms do you want? Do you want a pool, large yard, garage, what color do you like? What style of home do you desire?

There is much to finding your ideal home and many questions that once answered will help you get what you want!

Feel free to contact me directly if you choose to work with me. (323) 819-4760. I also skype.

My personal e-mail is katbecker@hotmail.com

All the best and GOOD LUCK!

Kat
Ellie Salemn…, , Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
I have worked with clients and closed escrow for them in 15 days , if you like I can help you also.
Ellie Salemnia
Elahehsal@yahoo.com
Julie Ann Ma…, Agent, La Canada, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi Joseph,

My name is Julie Ann and Im a Realtor here in La Canada. I have worked a lot of different areas in Los Angeles due to my past foreclosure experience. Feel free to reach out on my direct line 818-949-7845. I have some listings coming up and I just listed a house in Aywater Village which i a prime spot central to Downtown and Hollywood. I look forward to your call. Have a beautiful day!
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Dear Joseph,
I don't think you will have trouble finding a dedicated Realtor as long as you are willing to provide full disclosure and commitment. There must be trust on both sides and,
A Professional Buyer Agent will require the following:

1. Exclusive Buyer/Broker contracts( minimum of 3 months)
2. Proof of funds, cash is king but there are requirements for non-citizens and all cash purchases in the United States.Contact a U.S. bank to find out what is required before purchase, and make arrangements to season your cash deposit so it can be used for purchase.( your Realtor can't do this for you).
3. Counseling Meetings expect to spend at least an hour with your Realtor of Choice going over your criteria and covering all the necessary details.
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hello and congratulations on deciding to invest in the LA market! I work with international buyers all the time and would love to assist you.

Feel free to contact me directly at:
Heather Paul, Coldwell Banker
Broker Associate, Realtor
310-923-2334
http://www.HeatherPaulOnline.com
heatherprealtor@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you!
Have a great day,
Heather
Moloud elisha, Agent, los angeles, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi
Please send me an email directly and i'll help you i'll make your needs my priority. I have over 16 years experience working on the westside.
Best Regards
Moloud
Moloud@sbcglobal.net
Alan Kurpiew…, , California
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hello JJ,
I first want to welcome you to the US, and more specifically to the LA area! You will surely find there is so much to do in Southern California, and West LA is an outstanding choice in which to live. It is in a great location with access to all Los Angeles has to offer.

With that being said, I would love to get in touch with you regarding your upcoming move. I am confident I have the knowledge and ability to get you into the RIGHT home quickly. I have lived in Westwood, having graduated from UCLA, and am extremely familiar with all of West LA and all its nuances.

As an agent, I am fully committed to all my clients, and respectful to their needs. I don't work a regular 9-5 schedule, and am flexible to accommodate your schedule. I will have no issues overcoming the differences in time zones.

Also, since you have limited time, I will be sure to have showing appointments set up before you arrive. I will keep you well-informed on the market and active listings until then, so I can be efficient with your time once you get here. Then you just need to see the listings in person, and I can submit your offer same day.

Finally, being a cash buyer, you already have an advantage on those who need to finance their purchase. Sellers will prefer your all-cash offer, and since we aren't dealing with a lender, we can close close escrow and get you into your new home within 15 days! I will have everything prepared in advance to make this a quick and efficient process, and keep you fully informed between now and the day you take possession.

Hopefully this gives you some insight into what I will offer you as your agent. Please feel free to get in touch at your earliest convenience, and we can discuss in more detail what home you are looking for.

Alan Kurpiewski, Realtor®
CA BRE 01912043
(619) 35-HOUSE
(619) 354-6873
http://www.homes4schools.com
homes4schools@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.homes4schools.com
Jonv. Joseph, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
- We're aware of the market price, and while we don't have unlimited budget, I believe it is confortable enough to find something.

- This will be an important investment for us, so we would like to be advised correctly.

- We're mostly looking at the west L.A area, without being restricted. We would like to be at around 35 min max westwood (approximatly).

I hope I made it clear enough and that we'll be able to find someone competent and trustworthy to assist us. Thanks in advance to all of you,

Cordially,

JJ