Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

First-Time H…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Home buying in Beverly..Difficult?

Asked by First-Time Home Buyer, Chicago, IL Wed Feb 6, 2013

I have owned a hyde park condo for 5 years. I recently married, and we're looking to buy a home in Beverly. Is buying a home in Beverly difficult/ super competitive?

Answers

15
There is a lot of competition out there, but if you have a good agent, you can get a good one.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 6, 2013
I would be happy to pre-qualify you for your purchase. The Realtor will ask that you are pre-qualified before they will start showing you properties. Also, you will need it when you make your offer. Standard Bank is a Community Bank. Joanna Weiss 773-327-3580
Properties sell, but the area took a big hit like many areas. I would say the area is about even on buyers vs sellers.

I work with first time buyers all the time, I can walk you through the process. Inventory of quality homes is low right now. You need to be prepared to pull the trigger when the right home is available. Call or email me to schedule an appointment to discuss market specifics.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Pick up a copy of the Beverly Review and Bapa. They are the 2 local neighborhood papers. Both have lots of good local information that you may find helpful.
Not at all buyer. Give me a call if you would like a free no obligation quote. Rates are awesome!

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
http://www.qmlending.com
630-330-2229 cell
630-470-6830 office
Not really. In this current market you may be able to get a good deal.
Hi First-Time Home Buyer,

With any popular neighborhoods especially now since inventory of housing is low you are going to have some competition. My advise is to first get pre-approved so that when you see a property you like when you submit your offer it is strong. I personally refer clients to Mary Kay Laurent with Guarantee Rate at 773-516-6859.

When you find the place that meets the majority of your needs I would suggest you make an offer.

First-Time Home Buyer, I have no issue with saying I am not familiar with the Beverly Market. You will want to work with a Realtor who knows the area well and can advise wisely on purchase and help you determine a fair offer to a seller.

Best of Luck and congratulations.
I would say it truly depends on knowing exactly what you want and how quickly you make a decision.
The first step is having a Pre-Approval Letter handy to submit with your offer and writing a strong solid offer and having a strong down payment and a good loan officer backing you.
If you need a strong a solid Realtor I can be reached at:
Cell 312.569.9806
Email: Corey@McCrayRealEstate.com
Corey D. McCray
D'Aprile Properties, LLC
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
I would not say difficult but the market in Beverly can be competitive. The best option is to get a feel for the market & get qualified. If you get qualified in helps you get a better value when you negotiate a price. I would be happy to set up a auto search for you that emails properties for no obligation 2 times a day. Also, if you need any help with the loan there are several high quality lenders I can suggest. Thanks and let me know if I can help. 708-308-4448
No more difficult than in any other neighborhood. Suggest you get Pre qualified with a lender. If you are looking for an agent tow work with, please contact me. I have been a Beveely resident for over 20 yearrs and a Realtor for 12 primarily in the Beverly area. Please call: 773.779.9898 and ask for Lou Alb.
Hope to hear from you.

Lou
Those first three answers add up to all you really need to know.
Get comfortable with the area, and start doing your homework. Knowing what you can afford and where you would prefer to be will put you in the best possible position to buy.
It should also give ou some comfort when it comes to selling and needing to move forward with the purchase. Hyde Park also has a tight market, good news for sellers who can go onto the market at a competitive price.
If you don't have to sell to make the house purchase, all the better for ease of mind. With the demand for rentals in HP, if being a long term owner is an option, you should at least consider being a landlord, but now is as good a time to sell as we have seen n quite a while.
Like Barbara, I also know these markets very well, and would be happy to have a conversation about what we do to get our clients the best possible outcome when they sell and buy.
Dave Hanna 773-732-9123 davehanna@realtyexecutives.com
No more so than other areas. I've lived & sold in Beverly, as well as Hyde Pk, & would be happy to work with you. Call or email bbiederman@citypointrealty.com
773-914-5309.

Barbara Biederman City Point Realty
If you are prequalified with your Lender and establish a strategy with your Realtor, you shouldn't have a problem finding a home. You have to look at properties you can afford and act quickly once they become available.