Home buyers have the option, (you are not required) to sign an ACR at the closing stating that you have

Asked by Alex, Detroit, MI Wed Apr 1, 2009

received the list of non compliance items had a chance to review them and agree that you will complete all items to the satisfaction of the City of Detroit within 6 months.
whats the other options when buying a house in detroit can the inspection be done after the sale and what is the fine for that

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


smith3gary’s answer
smith3gary, Agent, White Lake, MI
Wed Apr 1, 2009

The previous website and contact numbers should answer your question on this. I cannot suggest anything illegal and can only send you to the source. They should have a list of fines for various items including blight.
Web Reference:  http://mi-living.com
0 votes
Pam Sawyer, Agent, Shelby Twp, MI
Mon Mar 18, 2013
I would recommend you schedule an appointment with the city and go through your options with them in person and document their recommendatjions and the person yo spoke to. Good Luck
0 votes
Andy Hargrea…, Agent, Plymouth, MI
Wed Apr 1, 2009
I suspect you're referring to a C of O from the city and the city's inspection and the Title Co. will most likely require you get at least a Temporary C of O to close.

As far as what other options -- I don't believe there are any. You're not supposed to occupy the home at all until the items are done, but I am not sure what the fines are.

I haven't done one in Detroit in a while, but I have done them recently in Westland, Garden City and Wayne...same basic concept.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more