Home Buying in Milpitas>Question Details

Vidya, Home Buyer in 75082

Home Purchase in Hidden Lake Village, Milpitas, CA

Asked by Vidya, 75082 Mon Jul 7, 2014

Am looking at buying a 2 bed house in the Hidden Lake village community in Milpitas. its a 34 year old home already overpriced at 660K but has a single family feel to it and has good schools.My issue is that there is a freight lane close to the property which apprently will be converted to a BART lane soon. Will this impact the price negatively.

Answers

1
A home is only overpriced if it doesn't sell at the asking price. For that particular home, there's a good chance it will get bid higher than $660K. New condos with no yard or views and lower rated schools are selling for higher prices, so there's plenty of demand to support higher pricing.

As for the future impact of BART, it's already been factored into the price.

Winning a deal is more about deploying the right strategy than debating whether the asking price is fair, as plenty of other buyers in the area think so and will bid accordingly.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
Thanks Tina....my question was more related to will I be able to resell it in about 3 years at a decent price..especially since the BART lines are close to the home. Again, there is no BART station close by, the home is close the BART Lanes. Will the noise and vibrations factor impact the resale of the home 2-3 years down the line?
Flag Tue Jul 8, 2014