Home Buyers: What are the top three qualities you look for in a real estate agent?

Asked by Carlos Barron, La Mirada, CA Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

1
Connie Mitch…, Agent, South Padre Island, TX
Wed May 9, 2012
The last home I purchased I was not in the real estate profession and it started as a bad experience.

The agents were a husband and wife team. I told them the property type I was looking for an price range. They consistently presented properties to me that were opposite of what I needed. When we did find a property I liked, I told them what I wanted to start my offer at. They both laughed...... and very heartily I might add. It was actually quite insulting. Researching the property was another episode. The home was in a flood plain and obtaining documents and information was like pulling teeth and took weeks. These were the listing agents of the property, so the were in an intermediary status. They certainly received no referral from me, actually quite the opposite!

So............ to answer your question, as a buyer I wanted an agent

- To listen to my needs and show me properties close or similar to what I requested
- To discuss offer pricing with me and take me seriously - and give professional feedback
- To obtain information fairly quickly in a reasonable amount of time and be organized
- Offer good professional advise through the process