Home Buyer Question. Why would a home buyer not want to use a licensed agent in the area they're buying?

Asked by Mike Lewis, San Diego, CA Fri Aug 14, 2009

in? Home buyers, why would you not want to use a real estate agent to help you buy a home. I know that agents will be reading and taking notes about your aswers. Please be honest. Thanks!!!

Answers

3
Steve, , Rohnert Park, CA
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Some might feel that given an agent only gets paid on a completed transaction, there exists an incentive to steer a client towards making an offer on a home that might not be quite right for them, or perhaps a encourage a higher offer than the buyer acting independently would.
Saundra Allm…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Hi Sanh Diego Real Estate Agent, San Diego, CA

I will like to see the responses too! My only guess from experience is that our buyers feel that they may save money negotiating on the home of their for sale by owner choice. The impression is that the for sale by owner will not be paying broker commissions, therefore, can offer a better price, and negotiate better terms, use less paperwork than the numerous C.A.R forms we know today in our transactions and many disclosure documents.

As professionals, we know that buyers more often than not, will pay more for their home. Their terms, and disclosures when not represented by a qualified licensed professional broker -agent may not have proper reprsentation for all the buyers needs. Being a well informed buyer, will not only bring confidence to the transaction, and but peace of mind during and after the close of escrow sale.

Buyers do not pay commissions. Seller does and this is part of the sellers expences. For Sale by owners will try to capture a little more in their sale, by having the buyers agent add on the commission to their offer price or in many cases, which is also the listing offer price of the for sale by owner. then agent and borrower may shy away from the home for sale by owner.

It breeds doubt to the buyers in many cases...is the seller telling me all he knows about their property?

How come the seller is discouraging buyer from proper buyer's representation?

However, sometimes, it works out, a good deal for the buyer, and a good deal for the seller. Many times some sellers will by pass the agent professional all together.

California is a full disclosure state. Good representation is worth sellers' peace of mind and buyers peace of mind.

We are worth our earned full commission, and sometimes negotiated commission with in reason to meet the needs of seller and buyer. Our credibility. ethics, integrity, and liabiltiy in the sale process are only some of the reasons why. The work we put into our transactions speak for themselves. Each one is different and each one has its own challenges. They are all to become a blessing in the end with peace of mind to both seller and buyer.

I have earned the listing of many for sale by owners. My resources are so much more, and my full time skill is so much more I can do for buyer and seller working in this industry for 15 years and soon 16 years October, 2009! I value referrals from you in San Diego! I may have an opportunity to share a referral with you too someday!

Thank you for your question, and I also look forward to other responses.

Saundra Allman, DRE #01188528 Eureka-Humboldt County
Dawn Lewis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 14, 2009
Very Good Question. I'de like to see the answers as well.

Dawn Lewis