Ho do I do a title search and find out if there's money owing on a property?

Asked by Robert Nixon, Detroit, MI Tue Apr 3, 2012

Answers

5
James Ryan, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Leesburg, VA
Mon May 14, 2012
Ahh, hi again Myla, this question is clearer. As with your other question, a title search by a title company, real estate attorney or closing firm can get you a full answer to your question, and can sell you title insurace to protect yourself!
Regards, Jim
Cheryl Swymer, Agent, Newberry, FL
Tue Apr 3, 2012
Myla,
I would suggest you speak with a Title Company who can provide you with all of the information you need.
Susan Massey, Agent, Longmont, CO
Tue Apr 3, 2012
It is worth the money to hire a title company to search any recorded liens. They will be able to get you the most up to date records.
Jim Agnew, Agent, Centreville, VA
Tue Apr 3, 2012
Well the quickest way to do so, is contact a title company and ask them to do a prelimary title search which they will do for a charge. another way would be to have me pull up the property history, if it sold through our MLS system, I can tell how much the 1st mortgage was at time of purchase. also can give you the sale information, from tax records whether or not it was a listed property
Alain Picard, Agent, Puyallup, WA
Tue Apr 3, 2012
Probably the best way to do this would be to have a title company do it for you.