Hi, we are uder contract to buy a co-op apartment in weehaken. this unit is a combined aparment '' meaning

Asked by Steven, Weehawken, NJ Sat Apr 26, 2008

it was 2 separate units , side by side. a wall was removed and 1 kitchen removed and replaced with a washer/dryer. this unit was advertised as a 2 bedroom. this unit currently has 2 seperate stock certificates. and 2 seperate proprietary leases. the banks are refusing to mortgage with the stock certificates seperate. it's seems there is a problem with combining the 2 cert. into 1. i am under the impression that new certifcates are issused at closing. what seems to be the problem? the seller has sent me a threating letter stating that i must close by 4/25 or they declare me in default !? does anyone see why the cetificates can not be combined,or have had any similar experiance ? let me clarify, i do have 1 lender ( out of 4 ) willing to write the mortgage, but only if the stocks are combined.

Answers

2
rtirado201, Home Owner, Weehawken, NJ
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Was this info disclosed to you by the realtor?
Isn't it the responsibility of the seller?
Is this fraud ?
Bob Villa Home Inspections
Manhattanite, , New York
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Would your attorney not be able to assist you with this? Just wondering.... good luck.