Hi we are looking to move to Asheville, We are from NYC. We are told NC dont want people from NYC

Asked by nell810, Asheville, NC Sat Jul 13, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

9
Tina Kessing…, Agent, Asheville, NC
Sat Aug 3, 2013
Not true! Asheville is a friendly, welcoming place, with people from all over the country living here. I moved here seven years ago and haven't encountered any bias against newcomers, including those from NYC.
Hi Tina, Iam not giving up on Asheville, Asheville is Beautiful.
If people think we are Dan yankees, thats on them, we are very friendly people,
He is very quite, she is more out going. NY is crazy with crime and hate, We just want peace and a Beautiful place to live.
Flag Sat Aug 3, 2013
Meagan Mills, Home Buyer, Asheville, NC
Sat Mar 8, 2014
Not true, i have lived here in Asheville for about 7 years but in buncombe county most of my life, all kinds of people from all over the world move here. its so beautiful here. its a great place to live no matter where you are from. you will love it.
Seansmith, Home Owner, Asheville, NC
Fri Jul 26, 2013
It is very difficult to be accepted when you are from such a big city up North. People here do not like abortion, try to control spending & got to church and tend to vote Republican.. It can be a difficult place to retire and struggle to fit in. May want to look up the term "DamYankees". Right after I bought my house the builder asked me same question, then told me what it was.
Wow sorry to read your comment, Dam Yankees mmmm. I was worried about that
All the nice comments I got were from brokers, my starting price to buy a house in NC is about 200.000, I would heat to spen that kind of money to be disliked
Flag Sat Jul 27, 2013
Tim Hackett, Home Seller, 28803
Sun Jul 21, 2013
Prior owner 408 Crownfields from the Bronx and lived on Long Island. Was an original owner in the community. Asheville NC is a retirement area with many people form NY, NJ and NE. It is an area attractive to those that desire 4 seasons as compared to summer all year in Florida.
Debbie Franc…, Agent, Asheville, NC
Sat Jul 13, 2013
I had to chuckle when I read your question. This may be true still in some areas of the South. I know that in the 1970's I knew a New Yorker who left Birmingham, AL because I was the only Southern girl who would speak to him and we were just friends. I have not heard any comments like that from my clients from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or other Northern states. These folks move here to escape adverse weather and high taxes. In addition there is a meetup group for New Yorkers. However none of my clients have attended any of their functions.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

Debbie

Deborah H. Francis, GRI, ABR, ePRO, SFR, GREEN, CRS Candidate
Associate Broker/Realtor®
86 Asheland Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801
cell: 828-553-9019 email: deborah@dhfrancis.com
Please visit my website; http://www.LiveInAshevilleHome.com
"Your Move is My Mission"
Karen Cernek, Agent, Fairview, NC
Sat Jul 13, 2013
I am also from NYC have been living here for over 25 years and love living here. Although I cannot speak for the entire state, I have found people to be very friendly and helpful. Asheville is very cosmopolitan and has a large population of people of people from all over the country. In addition, there are many opportunities for newcomers to meet people and become part of a wonderful community.
Web Reference:  http://TheReloPro.com
John Senechal, Agent, Asheville, NC
Sat Jul 13, 2013
It's a comment usually heard in a humorous context. Truth is, Asheville is a diverse place. We love that about Asheville. If you feel like Asheville is your spot, then it is. Welcome.
Karen Woodard, Agent, Asheville, NC
Sat Jul 13, 2013
Hi - I moved here about 5 years ago. Prior to moving here is lived for 13 years on the outskirts of Malibum, CA and before that about 20 years in NYC( east side , west side and Tribecca ). I've never run into any kind of a negative vibe... There are a lot of transplants from FL, CA, Michigan and NY in the area. You might want to ckeck out Alan Rosenthal on LinkedIn- I think he has a NYC group he gets to get together. I am an agent at Beverly- Hanks. Give me a call if you would like to discuss. 828-335-3839. You can also find me on LinkedIn. Karen
Andy Matejka, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Greensboro, NC
Sat Jul 13, 2013
Who on earth has told you this????

I still believe that the United States of America is the best place to live in the world and I moved from NY and the Tri-State Area to NC 30 yrs. ago despite what anyone else thought.

While I live in Winston Salem, aka, the Dash, I love Asheville, the Blue Ridge Mountains and Western NC. I lived in Raleigh for 15 yrs. wouldn't dare discriminate against the beauty of the Piedmont area, Crystal Coast, Outer Banks or anywhere else in NC for that matter either, nor should you or anyone else.