Hi, we are looking for a quiet tree lined block ,single family detached house in a good school district. Can you recommend any towns?

Asked by Mia, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY Wed Mar 5, 2014

We can go from north bergen to further down or south of jersey.

Answers

11
Armin Lusiny…, Agent, Short Hills, NJ
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Hi Mia,
Depending on your price range....
Short Hills/Millburn, Livingston, Summit, New Providence, Chatham, Scotch Plains, Berkeley Heights just to name a few.
With the train stations offering convenient commuting into Hoboken (path train to Wall Street) and Penn Station NYC (midtown), great downtown, highway access, restaurants, along with the well ranked schools.
I would love the opportunity to connect with you, so feel free to contact me anytime.

Good luck with finding your dream home!
Armin Lusinyants
973-303-9779
alusinyants@gmail.com
http://armin.kwrealty.com/
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Nicest areas are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you. For possible helpful school information see links...
http://www.greatschools.org
http://www.schooldigger.com
http://www.homefair.com/
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Sat Mar 8, 2014
Mia,

Have you been reading the responses you got? If you have, you can see there are many towns that might meet the basic needs you described in your question.

However, speaking to someone directly to get more specifics, both from you AND receiving more info from an agent, will much better serve you to narrow down where you might want to start looking. Price is going to be especially important, as places noted like Rumson, Princeton, Bernards etc tend to be pricier than other areas.

As I previously mentioned, Metuchen is a small town. There are only 34 houses on the market ranging from a short sale 3BR/2BA ranch listed for $250k to a 3 BR/2 full/2 half bath home on almost an acre listed at $899K, and everything in between.

Hoping all this helps you and still looking forward to getting your call.

Mary Petti 908-675-0167
Angela Baskin, Agent, Morganville, NJ
Fri Mar 7, 2014
Hi Mia,
Thank you so much for your inquiry! There are some really great towns in Monmouth County that I would recommend...Here is the NJ Schools Report Card website
http://education.state.nj.us/directory.
I would definitely recommend working with a realtor as your best best to assist you with your home needs. Knowing your price range, home type, bedrooms, etc is an important factor in the process. A realtor that listens and understands buyers wish lists and being there through the entire home buying process is important amd will create a pleasant and seemless home buying experience.
I will exceed your expectations! Contact me anytime on my mobile at 718-344-7862 or on my office phone at 732-536-9010 ext 326.
Additionally, via email at angelabaskin@kw.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Angela Baskin
Keller Williams Realty West Monmouth
Leonard Duni…, Agent, Rumson, NJ
Fri Mar 7, 2014
Mia, most of the replies have emphasized towns in northern New Jersey. If you have any interest in moving to the Jersey Shore area, please consider towns like Rumson, Fair Haven, Little Silver and Oceanport in Monmouth County. Life is different in New Jersey once you're south of the Raritan River!

We have the best of all worlds here- friendly towns with distinct neighborhoods, great restaurants in nearby Red Bank, boating and sailing on the Navesink and Shrewsbury Rivers, nearby beaches, and easy access to Manhattan via train, high-speed ferry, bus or car. Plus lots of cultural events at the Count Basie Theatre and the Two Rivers Theater.

My recommendation is to come down and spend a day driving through the area, not so much to look at specific houses but just to get a "feel" of what each town is like. Get off the Garden State Parkway at exit 109, take Half Mile Road to West Front Street and drive along the Navesink River through Red Bank, Fair Haven and Rumson. Drive over the Oceanic Bridge for a peak at Middletown, and then drive back through Rumson along the Shrewsbury River to Little Silver and Oceanport.

Leonard “Len” Dunikoski, GRI
REALTOR® Associate
Diane Turton Realtors – Rumson Office
8 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)
ldunikoski@dianeturton.com
http://www.rumsonfairhavenhome.com
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Fri Mar 7, 2014
Mia,

Since you didn't give a price range and/or what your requirements for a home are (ie: bedrooms. baths,commute if applicable etc) , you will be getting all these responses but we really can't help you narrow it down.

I again invite you to call me for a no obligation for a chat to help determine the what and where for you.

Feel free to call me at 908-675-0167, I will be very happy to help you.
Shalu Thaman, Agent, Princeton, NJ
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Hi Mia,

If you are looking for a newer 4 bedroom single family home within 20 minutes of Princeton Junction Train station, school district West Windsor Plainsboro , the price range would be $700-$800,000 , unto 3400 interior sq feet.

15-20 yr old homes would range from $650-$750,000

Prices may range a bit higher or lower in sections of Montgomery,Hopewell-Pennington, Princeton & Lawrence,East Windsor.
For school districts ratings please visit Greatschools.net.
Price dictates what Home & value you get for your money.

I've moved may New Yorkers to this area of Central NJ over the last 10 years.

If this area meets your needs or you have questions about schools, commute & neighborhoods, Please contact directly

I offer a No-obligation Buyer Consultation & am an Accredited Buyer Representative; a Client-based enhanced knowledge base in Targeting homes,finding & getting my Buyers Clients, the Home they like, successfully.

You can also preview Homes on my website http://PrincetonHomesNJ.com & get TONS of LOCAL neighborhood & area information , sign up for the Latest listings & sign up for a FREE Buyers Guide.

Shalu Thaman
Keller Williams Princeton
609.577.5861
ShaluThaman(at)gmail(dot)com
Flag Thu Mar 6, 2014
Samantha Yak…, Agent, Short Hills, NJ
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Hello!
Along I-78 there are wonderful communities, as far easy as Springfield and as far west as Clinton and beyond. Millburn, New Providence, Watchung, Warren, Berkeley heights, Summit, Mountainside, and Bernards are just a few towns.

Feel free to contact me at samanthayakobchuk@kw.com if you seem interested in any of those towns. The prices range, but all have great school systems. If you email me, I'd be more than happy to send you more information!
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Mia,

Being from Brooklyn myself, Benshonhurst to be exact, and having moved to NJ in 1983, I welcome you, and the idea of moving to the great Garden State.

Depending on your price range, there's many towns that meet your needs.
However, I can highly recomment Metuchen NJ. Not as pricey as some of the other towns mentioned.
It's a small town, with a lovely Main St, and has it's own train station direct to NY. Only 1 high school, 1 middle school and the elementary is split in upper and lower school and the diestirct is well ranked in NJ..
Main St is tree lined, and there's always something community based going on within the town. There's a YMCA, for classes, camp, swimming, exercise etc. It's within minutes to the GSP, Turnpike, Routes 1 and 287, and close to the Menlo Park and Woodbridge Malls.

If you are interested in learning more about this town, and/or asking questions about a few others that were mentioned, feel free to email me directly, or give me a call for a no obligation chat about your needs, and what might suit you best. I look forward to hearing fom you :)

PruMaryNJ@aol.com or 908-675-0167
Lisa Briemer, Agent, Morris Plains, NJ
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Hi Mia,

Hope all is well and thank you for your great question. My suggestion would be to narrow down the area of NJ that you are interested in, even though we are a small state, we are the most densely populated! For example, I cover Morris, Somerset, and parts of Union and Essex Counties. I would like to invite you to meet with me to discuss the opportunities in these areas and go on a tour of the area. If you are interested in speaking further, please feel free to call me at 201-463-2730 or email me at lbmrealtor@hotmail.com.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lisa Briemer
Keller Williams Metropolitan
Morristown, NJ 07960
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Much will depend on your budget - but I can surely recommend, and help you in, Basking Ridge, Warren, Bridgewater and Hillsborough - all of which are location in Somerset County.

Here to assist....

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Serivce, Unsurpassed Results
Web Reference:  http://www.FeenickHomes.com