Hi, my credit score is 643 after filling bankruptcy 2 years ago. can i get a home loan & where should i look?

Asked by Jlowe, Denham Springs, LA Tue Jan 24, 2012

Answers

7
Michael Andr…, Other Pro, Baton Rouge, LA
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Did you file for bankruptcy 2 yrs ago or was your bankruptcy discharged 2 yrs ago...big difference.

Also it depends on which form of bankruptcy - chapter 7 or 13?

For Chapter 7: The minimum waiting period for an FHA insured mortgage is 2 years since the DICHARGED DATE

Give me a call for additional info, and if all goes well, I have a couple of Realtors in our team who can help with your search
Margaret Rod…, Agent, Denham Springs, LA
Tue Jan 24, 2012
Looks like you got lots of responses so I'll just give you a few lenders... Try Erica at First Choice 665-4399, Mat Browning at GMFS 978-5211 or Pam Cossman wthe one mortgage 317-0008. I am sure that one of them will be able to put you on the right track. Tell them Mags sent you!

Once you get the lending started call or email me at justcallmags@gmail.com / 505-8725 and I'll get you started!
Web Reference:  http://www.justcallmags.com
Denise Barker, Agent, Greenwell Springs, LA
Tue Jan 24, 2012
Sounds like you should be fine to get into a home. If you give me a call I can set you up with a lender who can tell you what you qualify for and we can get busy finding you a home. Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions.
Denise Barker
225-304-3495
Lora Bordelon, Agent, Denham Springs, LA
Tue Jan 24, 2012
I agree with the advice already given. There are several mortgage loan offices in Denham Springs where you live. Find someone who you are comfortable with and will answer your questions. There are different loan programs and a good loan officer will be able to work with you in finding something that best suits you and/or let you know what your options are.

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Lora
Elva Wormley, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Jose, CA
Tue Jan 24, 2012
Hi Jlowe,

The first step is to meet with a loan officer to determine how much you qualify for and to discuss your options.

I would ask the people you trust to give you a few recommendations.

Best wishes,

Elva Wormley
C2 Financial Corporation
Allison Fish…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Tue Jan 24, 2012
Hi Jlowe,
I agree with Christopher that you should really call a mortgage company to see if you qualify because there are many different factors to consider when applying for a loan not just the credit score.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Tue Jan 24, 2012
Hi, Honestly your first call should be to a reputable mortgage professional. Only they will be able to guide you accordingly. they will assess your situation and tell you exactly what your options are.

Chris