Gcook, Renter in

Hi , i am moving to LA and planning to buy a land and build my own custom home. My budget for land is 250K , where would be your suggestions? Thanks

Asked by Gcook, Sun Jul 14, 2013

Answers

11
Roderick Cul…, , Los Angeles, CA
Fri Aug 9, 2013
I have a pre listed Hollywood hills lot for sale. You can purchase it for $250,000.00.
Please contact me at 323.674-5650.

Roderick Culpepper
GCF Realty
BRE# 00817032
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Wed Aug 7, 2013
It depends upon "where" in Los Angeles you want to build. Residential lots that are properly zones are approximately 5,000 square feet, and are not that easy to come by.Your best bet would be Santa Clarita for available lots and land.
Douglas Lagos, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Gcook,

In LA, there are several places where you can buy land within you price range, but none near the beach. Now there are a few lots near the beach at that price, but costs to prepare the land for a home would be in the $250k and higher. Plus, 1-2 years to get Coastal Commission approval, and then the costs to build the home.

Land that is ready to be built on costs over $700k on the Westside. Land in your price range would be further out or in the nearby Valleys.

It is best to contact a Realtor that is familiar with the areas, before making a decision.

Contact me if you have any other questions, or for more details.
Annie Ritz, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon Aug 5, 2013

I think where you buy the land will depend on your own personal preferences - Los Angeles is a big town and individual neighborhoods very greatly. Do you want to be near the beach? In the hills with a view? Close to your work or favorite park?

I would be happy to meet or chat about this further!

http://www.annieritz.com

Annie
310-736-0575
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Aug 5, 2013
We can certainly help you out. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com and give us a call. One of our loan officers will look at your situation and present you with some options.
Roderick Cul…, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon Jul 15, 2013
I have a pocket listing of a vacant hollywood hills lot adjacent to Griffith park with excellent views..
You can obtain parcel to 250,000.00. Please call direct # 323.674.5650.
Cristina Gar…, , Los Angeles, CA
Sun Jul 14, 2013
When u get to Los Angeles give me a call and we can speak about what you are seeking for in a vacant lots. I have sold a lot of vacant lots. Dir#(323) 899-3766.
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Sun Jul 14, 2013
There quite a few areas. However, you really need to do a better analysis. What good is buying a lot for $250,000 if your construction costs double because of the type of land you are buying. It may actually be less expensive overall to spend more on the land. So it is a balance of land costs to building costs. More importantly however, building a custom home needs to be about being where you want to be because you are building the home you want.
Call me and let me help you.
I have the experience(and licenses) in land acquisition, design, entitlement and construction to help you reach your goals and objectives within your budget.
Alan Kurpiew…, , California
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Congrats on your upcoming move, and welcome to Southern California!

I understand you are likely from out of the area, and trying to get a little info on what you are able to purchase, however you would be best served providing more information on what you are hoping to get out of your new home!

For instance:
Do you prefer to be near the beach? Or the mountains?
Do you have children? Are schools a concern?
Is this for you to live in? Is it a vacation or second home? A rental property?
Do you have pets? For instance, will you need access to horse trails?
Are you more concerned with lot size or the view?
Are you going to have to commute for work? If so, where will "work" be?

I think once you nail down some of these factors, the recommendations will start to come in with more specific ideas on where to build your custom home. I myself am very familiar with all of Southern California, been born and raised and traveling all throughout the region. I can provide insight into various areas, but with no criteria, it would be more of my taste than yours.

Hope this helps, and feel free to contact me with any questions. And also see how I can support the causes YOU support!

Alan Kurpiewski, Realtor®
CA BRE 01912043
(619) 35-HOUSE
(619) 354-6873
http://www.homes4schools.com
homes4schools@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.homes4schools.com
Thank you for your reply.
1. Mountains or Beach : No preference but each one comes with its own advantages. I do not mind hillside properties as long as the view compensate being away from beach. if I go hillside ( please note I am avoiding Canyon ), I want to avoid grading and excavation as much as possible. Seen few lots in Hollywood hills which I liked but the idea of getting to a costly excavation has put me off.( perhaps not seen the right lot yet ! )
2.About 3000 sf of residential area , so land size might be different in different location specially with this new baseline hillside ordinance. but do not mind to have some outdoor space. and View is a major factor.
3.It will be our main home , However if i needed to liquidate the property at some point I like our property to be in the right neighbourhood
4. School is one of the main factors
5. commuting to work is not my man factor , but it would be nice to be close to Century City , but not the main factors.
Thanks You
George
Flag Mon Jul 15, 2013
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Pacific Palisades would be ideal!
Kristen Ybab…, Agent, Redondo Beach, CA
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Hello - Because "LA" is so large, you have numerous options with that budget. Have you prioritized any particular areas that are more of interest than others? Narrowing down the list would be the first step.

Kristen