Hi how much is the current cost per square foot in sparks nv 89436 . I'm about to purchased a house from lennar builder at a new develop saddle

Asked by Trungscottlee, Sparks, NV Fri Sep 7, 2012

brook

Answers

3
Tim Lambdin, Agent, SPARKS, NV
Sun May 19, 2013
Appraisers are hitting us with $88/sq. ft. for existing average homes, and going up from there. New homes in the Lennar subs like the Vistas, Highlands, and a couple of others are getting as high as $128/sq. ft. (Stoneridge). The homes at this level are considered perfect in construction, and have upgrades of some sort.
As more and more builders come on line, I feel it will be hard to top the $130/sq.ft. mark, due to competition.
$100 per foot is a great price. I see lots of new listings topping this figure, and they are getting offers. I was showing in D'Andrea and Lennar yesterday, Wingfield and Spanish Springs this whole week, Double Diamond/Damonte Ranch new homes last week. Both Mike and Clark are right.
You need to compare apples to apples, oranges to oranges, and don't wind up with a lemon.
Mike Harding, Agent, Reno, NV
Sat Sep 8, 2012
Homes around Red Hawk built after 2005 that have sold in the past 3 months are roughly 88/sf but keep in mind what Clark has said this is very rough. There are many more factors that can change this. Have your agent run the numbers for you to get a more accurate number based on what you thinking about buying.
Clark Riel, Agent, Reno, NV
Sat Sep 8, 2012
Unfortunately there is no one answer to your question. Price per square foot will vary from house to house of the same size built by the same builder in the same subdivision. Lot premiums and add upgrades will change the purchase price and thus the price per square foot. Two story homes are cheaper to build than single story homes so square foot price could be higher for the smaller single story. I could venture a guess and it would only be a guess, but I would think a builder couldn't build for under 100 per square foot and that would be pretty bare bones.

You might want to check with the Builders Association of Northern Nevada. They might have more specific information.

If it is a question of overbuilding for the area by putting too much into your new home, I would check the public records of other recent sales in your subdivision to see where those price points are. Your title company could help you with that information.