Hi everyone, my name is Tiffany. US Army vet. I have terrible credit score of 495but I have a six figure settlement from VA Can I start buyinhud homes

Asked by Professional.tiffany, Palmdale, CA Sat Jan 26, 2013

My settlement comes with a lifetime service connected pension of nearly 3000 monthly. So money is not the problem credit is. Anyone know of a foreclosure peogram I can look into or some type of properties I can purchase at a percentage of the cost. I am located in southern california. In northern los angeles county in an area called antelope valley. Cities are palmdale & lancaster. Thank you

Answers

14
Johnny James, Agent, Carson, CA
Wed Jul 29, 2015
Hey Tiffany everybody wants to purchase homes for a percentage of the cost.
Rebecca Marv…, Home Buyer, G.L. Lowery Industrial Park, Groveport, OH
Wed Jul 15, 2015
Hi Tiffany --- Please update your situation... I'm sure everyone would like to know the outcome of your home search.
Paul Koster, Agent, LANCASTER, CA
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Tiffanyy, Please send us your contact information so we can help you.
PAUL & JANINE KOSTER
661-878-6533
teamkoster@verizon.net
Paul Koster, Agent, LANCASTER, CA
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Tiffany, we can help. We have the right lender. There's a program where you can get with .a half of a percent down. Please contact: PAUL & JANINE KOSTER AT 661-878-6533 or email teamkoster@verizon.net
Johnny James, Agent, Carson, CA
Sun Feb 10, 2013
In the Antelope Valley you you have a few options. You can purchase a duplex for cash and work on your credit. Live in one unit and rent out the second unit.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for Serving!
We didn't hear that in '72

How about doing both; Put 50-75% down, which some lenders will do, even with 495.
This will give you equity and help you rebuild your Credit.

Start with Navy Federal Credit Union, they serve all 4 services.

Good luck and may God bless
Paul Koster, Agent, LANCASTER, CA
Sat Feb 2, 2013
I you are buying cash, you can buy a HUD Home. HUD likes cash.
JANINE KOSTER
01331978
661-878-6533
teamkoster@verizon.net
http://www.avhouses.com
30 years experience
Professional…, Home Buyer, Palmdale, CA
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Hello everyone and thanks for your responses. I was hoping that with this six fig settlement that's in the low 100's I could find a property to rent out for additional income and one to love in myself.I'm single woman but I would need at least 3 bd 2 ba ready for move in. I am writing down everyones numbers now and will contact individually. Once again thanks to everyone for their prompt response and info.
Tiffany, we can help you just call us at 661-878-6533 or email teamkoster@verizon.net
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
Joan Patters…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Tiffany,

I have worked with many veterans over the years and have a long family history of being in the military-Army and Navy...so I totally appreciate your sacrifices you have made for our County! Thank you!!!!

The lender I would refer you to can help you build your credit back up for FREE-no cost!!!! Let me know how we can serve you!

Joan Patterson, B.A., G.R.I., Realtor, License #01431647
951-204-1864
Tamara Stoebe, Agent, Lancaster, CA
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Hello Professional.tiffany,

I am a real estate professional in the Antelope Valley - I'd be happy to assist you with your options. With a 495 FICO, obtaining a loan will be the difficult issue right now.

Your settlement - is there a lumpsum of high 5 figures? If so, then you may want to consider purchasing something outright, putting a portion of the monthly amount away for a future downpayment. Live in the cash purchased home then, utilizing the equity in 12-18 months to purchase another home in an area that you really want to be in. During this time working on your credit issues so you can qualify to purchase a "dream" home.

I'd love to sit down with you, and explore options.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR/Notary
GRI, e-PRO, CHS, QSC
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661) 466-6849
Fax (661) 422-3006
http://www.TamaraStoebe.com
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sat Jan 26, 2013
HOMES - as in plural? How many do you need?
Don Gockel R…, Agent, PALMDALE, CA
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Hi tiffany, I am a local Broker in Palmdale. With what you indicate we should have little or no trouble getting you into a home locally. Contact me directly so we can talk about getting started. Please remember, it is always best to use a local Broker when buying a home, agents from outside the area are not familiar with local neighborhoods and trends.

Don Gockel, Broker
661-273-6654
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Hi Tiffany,

I can refer you to several lenders that specialize in VA loans. I can also help you find homes. You can search the MLS for free at http://inlandempirerealestate.kwrealty.com
Give me a call at 951-204-1864 if I can be if any more help.

951-204-1864
calljoan4ahome@gmail.com
Rebecca Marv…, Agent, Palmdale, CA
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Please start by calling Pat Mulvey at Gem Mortgage, (661) 949-3388

When you're ready, I'll be waiting!!! 661-435-3800