Hi everyone, My boyfriend and I are currently looking for a single family home but have a pretty tight budget of 150,000 Any Advice?

Asked by Nicole Canty, North Attleboro, MA Tue Jan 15, 2013

we Have two small children under 3, so we really would like to not settle for a condo.

Answers

10
Yvonne Thomp…, Agent, Plainville, MA
Tue May 7, 2013
Hi Nicole, call me and we can discuss your options.

H
Yvonne Thompson
508-735-1477
Christina Ha…, Other Pro, Morristown, TN
Tue May 7, 2013
If you are willing to be out a bit further, you could probably locate a single family home within your budget. Contact a buyers agent in your area or that of the area you want to move in. Have you been qualified for a mortgage? Do you have enough for closing costs...

Have a great day;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit & Mortgage Consultant of
Everlasting Credit
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Wed Jan 16, 2013
There are plenty of towns in MA where you can get a SF home for
Web Reference:  http://territory.com/
Paula Chicaz…, , Chula Vista, CA
Tue Jan 15, 2013
First get a loan and make sure you are happy with the payments. Next sit down with a Realtor and have them pull lisitngs and show you what you can get for 150k. If you cant find any homes in that price range then step two look at condo's and townhomes. If you still cant find any then you needto go back to your lender and see what they can do for you as far as getting a loan so that you can purchase. If this is not going to work out right now. Save your money open a savings account just for your home and then make your dream come true
Nice response.
Flag Sun Mar 17, 2013
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hi Nicole! Consult a lender and chose a Realtor to work with.
Tom Lynch, Agent, Great Barrington, MA
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Nicole,

I agree that a pre-approval for a mortage is a must, and that working with a buyer's agent (who will look out for you) is the best approach. Of course, you want to be thinking about what you can "settle" for in your price range (which will have limited opportunities). Fixer-uppers? A two-bedroom house? A short-sale or foreclosure? What are your goals? A residence for just a few years?

Good luck in your search.

Tom Lynch
Associate Broker, Massachusetts, New York, and Connecticut
Berkshire Property Agents
12 Railroad Street
Great Barrington, Massachusetts 01230
http://www.berkshirepropertyagents.com/
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hello Nicole,

I think you should enlist the help of a pro to help you and represent you. Talk to a few Realtors to find out who you "click" with and how they are going to assist you in achieving your goal. Buyers agents will not cost you anything and you will have someone on your side that you can rely on for assistance & guidance
Web Reference:  http://www.wenrealty.com
Christopher…, Agent, Providence, RI
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Good Afternoon Nicole,

You will have a challenge on your hands for sure with that budget in the North Attleboro area. Are you open to RI at all? It may be more feasible to do with that budget in RI. But the best advice I can give would be to first get you and your boyfriend pre-approved for a purchase. In that price range if you are lucky enough to find something in North Attleboro it will go quickly, so you will want to be prepared.

I can put you in touch with some great mortgage options if this is something you seriously want to pursue.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,
Chris
Yvonne Thomp…, Agent, Plainville, MA
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hi Nicole, If you are not currently working with a Realtor, I will be happy
to help you and your husband with your search. Please contact me at 508-735-1477.
I am with Keller Williams Realty and I do work as a buyers agent.
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Tue Jan 15, 2013
You should consider possibly purchasing a home in western mass and commuting. More house for your money.