Hi all, have a querry about home insuarance.Is it always wise to go with the big co.like allstate,farmers etc

Asked by Paul, Dallas, TX Tue Mar 4, 2008

rather than little known insuarance companies.I am in a stuation where am getting quotes which almost similar but the yearly payments with the small co. is less than those of big ones.eg this one called HOMEOWNERS OF AMERICA gave me a good rate( autodiscount) but the company is only 4 years old.Does anybody knows about this co.Its here in dallas.
Thanks.

Answers

4
Jeff Kessler, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Mar 4, 2008
I personally use allstate on most of my homes. I think they have a pretty good price. I do shop at least once a year. I also like really like Travelers Ins. I think if you shop around you will find a good company. I would use a company that has been around for at least a few years and see how that rate.
J.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Call the state of Texas to determine if there has been any compliments filed against the insurance company. As professional realtors against our code of ethics to make any comments those are decisions made by the buyer. If you are unsure then a bigger company could be your comfort level... however many of the larger companies via the media have problems paying claims.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Tman, , 30642
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Insurance company rates are different all over the country because of potential risk and previous loss ...

The cost of living on the Florida coastline is going to be different than living in Ann Arbor Michigan ... newer insurance companies have a tendency to come in cheap to gather customers and buy into the market in bulk, the problem is they also have a tendency of cutting their losses early.

When it comes to homeowners insurance .. "always" use the company that is highest rated for that area and has the highest CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) ....

We've been through 5 hurricanes .. believe me, nobody remembers saving $200 year until they don't pay the claim ...

;^)
Roni Henders…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Paul, It's best to go with a Broker who will shop best rates for you from many different insurance companies and then you can choose. You can email Nick at nickklein@hometeaminsurance.com and ask him to get you quotes.