Hi! Where can I find a fixer upper with land? Preferably historic & within a 40 mile radius.

Asked by Connie, International District, Seattle, WA Thu Jun 5, 2008

Answers

5
Carolyn Thom…, Agent, Rockville, MD
Sat Jul 19, 2008
Connie,

How much land are you looking for? I know of several historic areas that are within a 40 mile radius.

Depending upon how much you want to pay, you may be able to find a property that does not need a lot of work witin your budget. There are fixer-uppers, but is it the work you are looking for, a good financial investment or both?
Web Reference:  http://buyandsellexpert.com
Fernando Her…, Agent, Gaithersburg, MD
Fri Oct 17, 2008
Hire a Realtor with experience in Historic homes.
As a Realtor, I can tell you that we have many tools available allowing us to service our clients needs.
That should be your first step.
Rez Kodad, Agent, Naples, FL
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Connie, I am agreeing with Bruce. Couple sites for your use!

http://www.montgomeryhistory.org/

Cheers,
Chris Highla…, Agent, Frederick, MD
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Connie,
You'll find historic houses and land in Frederick County. Downtown Frederick is exactly 30 miles from downtown Rockville, (I google-mapped it a while ago, I can't remember why, but the number stuck in my head:)
Several years ago we sold an 1850's house with several acres to a couple in Middletown. It was the kind of house where the kitchen was in a seperate building with a brick breezeway between it and the main house. We went back a year later to see it and they had enclosed the two into one building. It was beautiful. There are opportunities like that here in Frederick County. If you're interested, email us with more details of what you are looking for, and I'll do some searching for you. isell4u2@msn.com
Bruce Lemieux, Agent, Gaithersburg, MD
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Hi Connie -- wow, finding a historic property *with* land is tough in Montgomery County. Your Realtor can easily setup a search with this criteria to see all older homes with some land (2 or more acres?) on the market. The Agricultural Reserve in Montgomery County may be your best bet. Take a look at the link below. Good luck.