Hi! We are a military family PCSing to the area in December 2014 - when is best time to start home search (for purchase).

Asked by Lara, Colorado Springs, CO Thu Jun 19, 2014

Hi! We are a military family PCSing to the area in December 2014. We very much would like to buy a home in Gulf Breeze/Navarre (expect to be there for 3 years), and are just not sure how to time househunting/purchase of the new home with the move, etc. I have been following homes in our target price range since we learned we were headed to FL, but not sure when to make contact with an agent, etc. Any and all advice is appreciated! Thank you.

Answers

4
Donna Mack, Agent, Navarre, FL
Sat Jul 5, 2014
Lara, how do you like the Springs? I lived there for a few years, we are military as well. I would love to assist you if you would like to contact me. Let's start your search soon! 850-313-2061
noles1_99, Home Buyer, S Chicago Hei, IL
Sat Jul 5, 2014
If stationed at Hurlburt, Navarre is the best area. Great schools and a perfect place to raise a family. If at NAS Pensacola then Gulf Breeze is closest and less traffic. Being now retired from the service I have a wonderful realtor that I used for the past 15 years. Cindy Shelton, 850-243-1955 Works a lot with the military.
Jennifer Kee…, Agent, Gulf Breeze, FL
Sun Jun 22, 2014
Hi, I would love to help you as I work primarily with military families moving to the area. Please email me your contact info to jenniferkeenan@remax.net or call 850-449-9432. I can provide you with plenty of references! Connecting with an agent six months before moving is a target time to get to know your agent to search for you on your behave and get to know your tastes.

Jennifer
Matt Rings, Home Seller, Gulf Breeze, FL
Mon Dec 8, 2014
This is based on closing dates. So if you want a 60 day closing, then get a contract on a home sixty days ahead of time. Plan to be in the area for your closing for a few days ahead of time, in case there are paperwork bugs you need to work out. You can stay at the Navy Lodge for those few days, or at a local hotel in Gulf Breeze.

If you work with USAA for your buyer's agent, you get a $1000 check to YOU at closing as a thank you. If you use another buyer's agent, you can ask them to match USAA, which we did once, and they agreed.